Macro & Other Image Samples (Part 2)

Pirate!!

Banned
Ahoy!

'Developed' a few more since the first batch. Again, these are pretty much all experimental in terms of technique and trying out newly aquired lenses.

Will upload more to flickr in due course, but in the meantime, any C&C welcome.

Mum, Dad & Me

Purple Flower (Genus unknown)

Green Frog

Refraction (darned hard to get this shot - not perfect by any means)

Big Bug #2 (Might send this off for magazine consideration - any suggestions?)

Chip Shot

Dragonfly

Zone

Pirate keep an eye on your file sizes will you mate :)

senu

Distinguished Member
You can still keep the Pixel size at 1024 and get the file size around 300kB with a little tweaking if you wish

denno75uk

All good stuff there Pirate.
I do like the all-in-one family portrait. Great idea.:smashin:
The macro stuff is solid too. Caught the delicateness of the flower beautifully. As for the big bug, might as well send it off. It's an interesting enough pose caught with sufficient detail to be worth a punt IMO.:thumbsup:

sdb123

Distinguished Member
I do like the Refraction shot n particular. Well done. :thumbsup:

onefivenine

Novice Member
Wow Pirate! you have excelled yourself with these two threads.
An top class series, you obviously had a great time too. :thumbsup:
Love the dragonfly shots but they are all great :smashin:

Pirate!!

Banned
Wow Pirate! you have excelled yourself with these two threads.
An top class series, you obviously had a great time too. :thumbsup:
Love the dragonfly shots but they are all great :smashin:

Thanks to you and everyone who has left C&C. I just needed to know if the images were up to scratch or not, and if not, where any changes or improvement could be made. Still plenty more, but that lot ought to summerise accross the board.

All were hand-held efforts. I don't do PP well, so forgive my dire skills in that department. The only PP has been from RAW to JPEG, de-noising, USM and maybe a tweak with DRO and/or brightness/contrast.

Last edited:

TonyH

Novice Member
Thanks to you and everyone who has left C&C. I just needed to know if the images were up to scratch or not, and if not, where any changes or improvement could be made. Still plenty more, but that lot ought to summerise accross the board.

All were hand-held efforts. I don't do PP, so forgive my dire skills in that department. The only PP has been from RAW to JPEG, de-noising, USM and maybe a tweak with DRO and/or brightness/contrast.
Its a good job you don't do any PP then :rotfl:

forgive my ignorance, i recognize the letters but what does USM and DRO stand for?

Oh! and what are you out of bed for at 3.55am? Im at work :mad:

PPS a very nice set of pictures.:smashin:

Last edited:

Pirate!!

Banned
Its a good job you don't do any PP then :rotfl:

forgive my ignorance, i recognize the letters but what does USM and DRO stand for?

Oh! and what are you out of bed for at 3.55am? Im at work :mad:

PPS a very nice set of pictures.:smashin:

Jet-Lag . . can't sleep!

DRO = Dynamic Range Optimzer (not sure if this is a Sony thing only). In-camera options for JPEG (if required) or during PP in RAW.

USM = Unsharp Mask

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
Great stuff Pirate, I really like the sunglasses shot and the grasshopper :clap:
I don't think any of them are in anyway in need of extra PP.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom