MacReady, calling MacReady, come in MacReady.

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by BadAss, Mar 28, 2001.

1. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I know I've asked you this before and you tried to point me in the right direction. I know the dangers, the wasted time, the frustration you've had. But could you please tell me how to get into the service menu. I have qualifications in electronics if that helps. But I need to know as the convergence in the bottom right corner is out and I can see a green line above the white crosshair.

If you don't want to post it here try Kevin[email protected]

Regards Kev.

------------------
    Is he the one?

2. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK...I will post it on here as loads of people have asked me for it (I am sure a link to a US site was put on here that said how to do it...that's how I found out)but I must emphasise that I take NO RESONSIBILTY for whatever may happen to your TV after you have got in there [​IMG]

1.Press mute on the remote control
    2.Press mute on the remote again AND KEEP BUTTON HELD DOWN
    3. Whilst still holding the mute button on the remote press the menu button on the TV front panel
    4. This should bring up the service menu ('s' in top right hand of screen)
    5. To access the convergance menu from here press the F buton on the remote and keep it held down. Then press the number 7 on the remote.
    8. This will bring up the service menu.
    depending on wether you have a Pal or NTSC input playing you will get the relevant adjustment menu.
    9. Choose the 'Set XXX Wide mode'
    10.This should bring up a white multi point grid
    11.If the grid is not white press the red green and blue teletext buttons on the remote until you see a white grid ( this is a combination of the RGB images)
    12.There should be a flashing square somewher on the grid...if it is not flashing press 7 on the remote and it will begin to flash.
    13.Use the 4, 2, 6, 8 butons on the remote as cursor buttons to move the square around the grid.
    14. When you reach an area that has some visible colour leaking and is not a pure white line press the 7 button again to lock the square on that grid position.
    15. Now choose the colour you wish to adjust. To do this press the number 3 on the remote and the square will cycle through the red green and blue componants.
    16. When you have chosen the colour you wish to adjust and the square is locked (not flashing) use the 4, 2, 6, 8 buttons once again to adjust the position of the relevant colour.
    17. I would NOT adjust the green grid as this affects the geometry of the image and can cause quite drastic picture faults...best left alone!!
    18.When you are happy there is no red or blue leeking in the white grid press the F button on the remote and keep held down again. Press 7 once again whilst holding the F button down
    19.This should bring up the convergance menu
    20 . Choose 'Adjust Pal Wide to all'...the screen will go into an automatic procedure as it adjusts all the different aspect ratios available on the set to the settings you have just entered in Wide mode
    21.Once it has done this it will return to the convergance menu
    22. Press F and 7 again and you will be returned to the initial servicemenu screen (S in top right)
    23. turn the tv off at the remote
    24.Turn the tv off on the front of the tv
    25. Wait about a minute
    16. Turn the tv on and your settings should hav been saved and the picture should be a lot better

Well that's it. What I have put above is a VERY simplified versio o fwaht is possible in the convergance/geometry menu and if the picture is REALLY bad then I dont envy what you will have to do.
    I hope the above helps...but like I said, I offer the instructions with all good intentions. It is not my problem what happens to anyones TV if and when they use these instructions.
    Bottom line...if you are not sure..DON'T DO IT!!!! Call in a Toshiba trained service engineer.

------------------
    "Why don't we wait here a while...see what happens..."
    The member formaly known as Jason

3. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    MacReady,

Cheers M8. Your right the picture is too good at the moment to go messing, but at least I know for future reference.

Regards Kev.

------------------
    Is he the one?