Mack Lens Warranty

Pirate!!

Banned
Ahoy!

Anyone after buying an extended 3 year lens warranty (subject to value) can actually buy a Mack warranty from Amazon via Calumet if within 30 days of original purchase. You'll need your warranty card and invoice.

Seems you can get the Mack warranty for almost any camera body or lens for different time periods and values, though it appears there is a 30 day stipulation from date of purchase and the Mack warranty will start from when the manufacturers warranty ends.

That said, I emailed Mackcam in the USA and they said Tamron lenses can be registered for warranty up to 90 days from the manufacturers expiry date, though as he pointed out, Tamron (USA) provide a 6 year warranty. The Mack warranty IS transferable as well according to my research.

What is also galling is that Tamron Germany do a 5 year warranty. Figure that one out :confused:

Thought this worth sharing, though don't ask me questions as I have no experience etc about this product, so you do the research and decide for yourself if it's for you.

Last edited:

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Ahoy!

Anyone after buying an extended 3 year lens warranty (subject to value) can actually buy a Mack warranty from Amazon via Calumet if within 30 days of original purchase. You'll need your warranty card and invoice.

Seems you can get the Mack warranty for almost any camera body or lens for different time periods and values, though it appears there is a 30 day stipulation from date of purchase and the Mack warranty will start from when the manufacturers warranty ends.

That said, I emailed Mackcam in the USA and they said Tamron lenses can be registered for warranty up to 90 days from the manufacturers expiry date, though as he pointed out, Tamron (USA) provide a 6 year warranty. The Mack warranty IS transferable as well according to my research.

What is also galling is that Tamron Germany do a 5 year warranty. Figure that one out :confused:

Thought this worth sharing, though don't ask me questions as I have no experience etc about this product, so you do the research and decide for yourself if it's for you.
Pirate - This is the same company (?) that are handling the OSD International Warranty so I sincerely hope that it doesn't "only" become available after the manufacturers warranty period runs out - unless I'm missing something obvious (not unknown :D) as that would leave us still reguiring a "Post-it-back-to-HK" for the first year ?

Think I'll ask about this on the OSD thread...

Jim

Pirate!!

Banned
Pirate - This is the same company (?) that are handling the OSD International Warranty so I sincerely hope that it doesn't "only" become available after the manufacturers warranty period runs out - unless I'm missing something obvious (not unknown :D) as that would leave us still reguiring a "Post-it-back-to-HK" for the first year ?

Think I'll ask about this on the OSD thread...

Jim
OSD provide a 1 year RTB warranty. Neither Tamron nor Sigma will honour 'grey market' lens purchases, so until after the OSD RTB warranty has expired, then you can claim via Mack, but you need to register the warranty contract at: Mack Camera & Video Service | Worldwide Extended Service Contracts

You will require both the original purchase receipt and warranty card.

Mack warranty has to be purchased within 30 days of lens purchase and will commence once the manufacturers warranty expires. When that happens and the Mack warranty kicks-in, you go to the Mackcam website and file for a claim and they'll give you the address in the UK where to send it: How To Obtain Service: Mack Camera & Video Service | Official Camera / Electronic Extended Warranties in NJ, NY, USA and worldwide

I think that's correct. Best check with OSD that Mack UK repair service/repair centres will honour 'grey market' purchases.

Last edited:

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
OSD provide a 1 year RTB warranty. Neither Tamron nor Sigma will honour 'grey market' lens purchases, so until after the RTB has expired, then you can claim via Mack, but you need to register the warranty contract at: Mack Camera & Video Service | Worldwide Extended Service Contracts

You will require both the original purchase receipt and warranty card.

Mack warranty has to be purchased within 30 days of lens purchase and will commence once the manufacturers warranty expires. When that happens and the Mack warranty kicks-in, you go to the Mackcam website and file for a claim and they'll give you the address in the UK where to send it: How To Obtain Service: Mack Camera & Video Service | Official Camera / Electronic Extended Warranties in NJ, NY, USA and worldwide

I think that's correct. Best check with OSD that Mack UK repair service/repair centres will honour 'grey market' purchases.
Yes - I've already posted a query for them as I certainly got the impression that OSD qwere "selling" this aftermarket warranty to fill the "warranty hole" caused by their selling into the UK....

Jim

Pirate!!

Banned
Yes - I've already posted a query for them as I certainly got the impression that OSD qwere "selling" this aftermarket warranty to fill the "warranty hole" caused by their selling into the UK....

Jim
And to think Tamron give a 6 year warranty in the USA and 5 years in Germany . . we get 1 :( though I got an email from Sigma (UK) today and they said that ALL their lenses now have 3 year warranty cover if lens was imported by Sigma (UK) whereas it was only EX grade lenses if registered online.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
And to think Tamron give a 6 year warranty in the USA and 5 years in Germany . . we get 1 :( though I got an email from Sigma (UK) today and they said that ALL their lenses now have 3 year warranty cover if lens was imported by Sigma (UK) whereas it was only EX grade lenses if registered online.
Don't forget though that all goods sold in the UK (from a UK Retailer) are covered by the SOG act for a min of 5 Years against Manufacturing Defects - doesn't help with imports of course unless bought through a UK Business....

Jim

Pirate!!

Banned
Don't forget though that all goods sold in the UK (from a UK Retailer) are covered by the SOG act for a min of 5 Years against Manufacturing Defects - doesn't help with imports of course unless bought through a UK Business....

Jim
Sigma/Tamron list serial numbers of their imported lenses so they know which are grey or cosha UK imports when you register. If grey, you'll get a reply telling you it won't be covered by the manufacturer warranty which leaves you the problem of dealing with the vendor.

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Sigma/Tamron list serial numbers of their imported lenses so they know which are grey or cosha UK imports when you register. If grey, you'll get a reply telling you it won't be covered by the manufacturer warranty which leaves you the problem of dealing with the vendor.
With SOGA it's always the vendor;s responsibility...

Jim

Trending threads

Top Bottom