Macbook TV Output

Woodsie

Hi,

I am connecting a series of cables from my macbook to my amp and I just cant get the output I want on my TV.

I have a Mini-DVI>DVI apple adaptor which connects to a DVI>HDMI cable which goes to my amp.
Now I know it can be done as I had it working in the past but now I just can't crack it.
The output I am getting on my TV is great, the image comes through and is a mirror image of my macbook screen but there is a yellow hue to the entire image. The whites are bright yellow so the colours are completely out.

I have tried many settings on the macbook including PAL and NTSC output but with no joy.
The TV is a Panasonic 42PX70 and I have had a look through the menus and can't find anything.

The amp is an Onkyo SR674.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to try next?
Thanks in advance.

rob_finch

Novice Member
Hi,

Have you tried the Detect Displays button in the Displays section of System Prefs? If that doesn't fix it, in the same pref pane choose the Color tab and there is a calibrate button. Go through the wizard and see if that fixes it.

Good luck!

Woodsie

Hi,

Have you tried the Detect Displays button in the Displays section of System Prefs? If that doesn't fix it, in the same pref pane choose the Color tab and there is a calibrate button. Go through the wizard and see if that fixes it.

Good luck!

Yes I did the detect displays and still no joy, I will give the calibration a shot though, Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom