Wanted MacBook Pro Retina, interested in both sizes, flexible for specs and price

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by elBanditoZNB, Jan 2, 2017.

1. elBanditoZNB

elBanditoZNB
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

I have recently sold my 2013 13' but I've regretted it since so looking to make a MacBook come back. I am pretty flexible on model and price, so can consider a model similar to my previous one, or a new 15 inch with the touch bar, just let me know what you have and the price.

I live in Edinburgh and can happily meet here, I don't mind travelling a fair distance if an offer is good, but postage is an option as well of course.

Thanks,
    Mat

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

2. SparKiE E

SparKiE E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    I have a less than 2 month old 15" rMBP from John Lewis. Bought it on Nov 7th. Its one of the newer ones with MacOS Sierra installed. Also comes with a 3 year warranty from JL. I'm looking to move it on, as its not powerful enough for me as I want to use it for server virtualisation testing.
    Its 15" retina, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB, 256GB SSD. I'll also throw in the protective case.

3. elBanditoZNB

elBanditoZNB
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Interested. What's the price please? Just to confirm is that the 2015 model?

4. SparKiE E

SparKiE E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    As its less than 2 months old and hardly ever used, I'm going to ask for £1450 dependant on delivery. It is the latest 2015 one (after price change, but I got JL to reduce it) I've also uploaded the proof of purchase.

Attached Files:

5. elBanditoZNB

elBanditoZNB
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    As much as I understand this is a very newly purchased machine, 1450 is a bit steep. The same model, albeit without warranty has sold for less than 900 few days ago. I doubt you'd be able to get that much for it. Having said that, I would be able to offer 1200 for your laptop if you could accept:)
    Thanks

6. nate247

nate247

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Hi elBanditoZNB. Just as a further option, I have the same spec machine, just purchased 3/4 weeks ago. But I am actually regretting selling my Surface Book recently, so am in the opposite boat of wanting to switch from MacOS now to Windows 10.

Not wanting to step on anybodies toes here, but I'd be happy to sell for £1200.00. It is as new and has 11 months warranty still remaining. I also have a Nifty MiniDrive (minus the SD card) that I can throw in. A useful way of adding some extra HD / storage space The Nifty MiniDrive is the easiest way to add up to 200GB to your Macbook

Regards...

7. elBanditoZNB

elBanditoZNB
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3

Hi Nate,

Thanks for your reply. I am definitely interested in your machine, just to confirm is this the 2015 15inch retina model with 512gb SSD and m370x graphics? Where was it purchased and do you have receipt? Fully boxed etc?

Also, as you are from Bristol and I'm based in Edinburgh, only postage is an option, how would you like to go about payment and shipping etc? I do not have any feedback here but I have used plenty of hotukdeals forum if you know that, so you can be assured im a genuine buyer:) I can see you have loads of feedback here so I should buy with confidence:)

Looking forward to your reply.
    Regards,
    Mat

8. nate247

nate247

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Hi Mat, thanks for replying. The one that SparKIE E mentioned he had in the above thread was the 2015 15" Retina, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB, 256GB SSD. This is the one I have. Apologies, I wasn't aware you wanted the model you mention.

Many thanks...

9. elBanditoZNB

elBanditoZNB
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry my bad, I'm looking at various machines and just got confused there. I would still be interested in yours anyway:) could you reply about the questions asked please? Kind regards

10. nate247

nate247

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    No problems fella. I can see you have been pretty active on the forum trying to find one ;)

Re a purchase receipt, that won't be an issue at all. But obviously anything warranty related now would be through Apple and the Serial number on the device anyway.

The battery count stands at 14, so in a sense that probably sums up the amount of times it has been used. I.e very little and so it really is "as new" down to every last cable tidy within the box.

RE delivery, Edinburgh won't be an issue. I'd look to post Royal Mail Special Delivery (with enhanced insurance). Whilst expensive it will cover both of us if the worst were to happen in transit.

Given I have sold lots of high value items here, you can genuinely buy with confidence. My trader reputation is important to me and so I'd ensure everything went as smoothly as possible.

Hope that helps in some way and look forward to hearing either way.
    Bests wishes...

11. elBanditoZNB

elBanditoZNB
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3

Yes, I had a 13 inch late 2013 for 3 years and I loved it. However I recently started a new job in software development, and as they use Windows and visual studio, I have decided to migrate to windows and bought a high spec dell. However, in the new job I have received a laptop from the company, so returned the dell for a refund. In the meantime I have unfortunately sold my Mac to a friend and now I regret that, hence I want to come back to using Macs.

I would be really interested in yours and have the money ready for purchase, however is the price any flexible? I offered 1200 for the other one but that had 3y warranty, I appreciate yours is like new and has been purchased recently, however if I factor in the price of apple care which I would get with it to be covered, the price would be close to the 1500 regions. Therefore is there any movement in price from your side? If we reach an agreement I would definitely purchase the laptop from you!

Thanks
    Mat

12. nate247

nate247

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Hi Mat, sounds like a familiar story to me. I'm constantly faffing with laptops and gadgets however and probably lose vast sums every year doing so. It's my only vice (fortunately) ;)

Re price, I paid £1899.00 for this on Dec 04th 2016. So in terms of movement on price, it's going to be £40 ish to post and so I'll be losing £750 as it currently stands.

I'm afraid I probably couldn't go much lower. I was initially thinking £1400 mark as was SparKIE E. Maybe it's worth waiting for a response from SparKIE E before making a final decision. But a £750 loss in a month is really at my limit I am sorry.

Best wishes...

13. elBanditoZNB

elBanditoZNB
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3

Absolutely understood. However the rrp on these was initially 1599 as far as I remember, and even now they are available in John Lewis for 1749. Also the exact same model was available in another thread for less than 900 (albeit without warranty).

Basing on all those facts I would like to offer 1100 for the device, I understand this might be on a bottom side of what you would expect, but even at this price I'm am stretching my budget after purchase of apple care. I also think a cheaper courier could be found for than with respective insurance, 40 sounds a bit steep especially for royal mail. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
    Mat

14. nate247

nate247

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Hi Mat, I totally understand the rational behind what you are saying. Unfortunately I couldn't let a virtually brand new machine go for that unfortunately, so I'll step aside. I hope you manage to find what you are looking for as you seem a top guy and so good luck with the search.

Best wishes...

15. elBanditoZNB

elBanditoZNB
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    S

Sure thing, I completely understand your position. I might get back to you if I don't find anything more suitable for me, if you still have that for sale.

Thanks a lot for your offer anyway and have a Happy New Year:)

Regards,
    Mat

16. nate247

nate247

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    No problem at all Mat, I've actually found another possible buyer in the meantime. So I'll have to retract it from sale for the time being. But again, truly, bets of luck with the search buddy. All the best...

17. mts396

mts396
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mat,

I have a 2015 13.3 inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display, very good condition.
    Theres no damage or anything, I have original box + charger is fully working.

8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, MacOS Sierra, Intel i5.

What do you think of around 770.00?

Thanks!

18. elBanditoZNB

elBanditoZNB
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Any warranty on this?

19. mts396

mts396