Question Macbook Pro Retina (2015) - Battery Life

Steve Stifler

Hi

Got a new 15" retina with the basic 2.2 ghz I7 processor. Its used for surfing and email reading and nothing else at the moment.

The battery seems to run down very quickly. In the about this mac section I checked and when fully charged to 100%, the charge remaining says there are 209mAh left, but the capacity says 8602mAh.

Cell revision is 3244 if that means anything.

Am I correct in thinking this is a battery problem or is this just a typical reading?

Would appreciate some advice please.

MacrosTheBlack

Yep sounds like a battery problem, the mAh should be pretty near the capacity figure. Book it in at the genius bar of your local Apple Store for a proper testing and they will advise or book in for repair.

Mine's a 2012 Macbook Pro Retina 15" and under System Information, Power, I have this for the battery (Battery was replaced as part of an Applecare repair of the trackpad around May this year, hence low cycle count for a 3 year old Macbook):
Charge Information:
Charge Remaining (mAh): 7799
Fully Charged: Yes
Charging: No
Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 7876
Health Information:
Cycle Count: 5
Condition: Normal

You can run the Apple Hardware Test before you book it in to see if that flags up the issue:
Using Apple Diagnostics - Apple Support

MacrosTheBlack

Oh and take your power adapter in too in case that's at fault and not charging it properly.

MacrosTheBlack

You're welcome. Let us know what happens as might help others out in future. Hope it's a quick fix for you.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom