macbook pro retina 13" question

sheriffwoody

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just browsing online for a new laptop and found that currys/pc world are doing £200 off the 13" macbook pro retina and selling it for £1,099.

checked the apple store to double check that is the same price, and it is.

however, on the apple store the £1,099 version comes with 4gb ram and 128gb storage, whereas the one being sold by pc world comes with the same 128gb storage but 8gb ram. double the amount in the apple store one.

apple store do sell one with 8gb ram, but then that one also has double the memory at 256gb and is sold for £1,249.

so, does the advert for the one from pcworld/currys look correct? is it possible to get one with the 128gb storage and 8gb ram?

here is a link:
APPLE MacBook Pro 13" with Retina Display Deals | Pcworld

and here is the apple store page
MacBook Pro - Buy MacBook Pro Notebook Computers with Free Shipping - Apple Store (UK)

thanks

It is my understanding that Currys/PC World get exclusive configurations from time to time. So I believe this is correct and is basically 4gb of RAM for free. Of course I'd double check with them just to make sure.

i may well pop in and ask.
there is a discount code for 5% off apple macs at the moment and i can get a further 3% off from work (5% if i pay by debit card), so i could get the price down to around £1000. it is tempting.

Yes seems right, bit miffed now has I have only just bought mine from local Apple store at the higher price !

Are you sure it's the same spec, and they're not offloading a bunch of pre-haswell models?

Did notice this myself when I was in my local PC world the other day .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom