MacBook Pro/Panasonic FZ38/Ultra SDHC card

strid

Standard Member
Hello, I've taken some avchd footage on this camera and I can view it on playback direct in the camera. How ever, when I take this sd card out and place it in my MBP only photos that have been taken can be viewed?

Any ideas please:(:confused:
Thanks

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
Where are you looking? The avchd files are in a different location to the photos on the Panasonic cameras I've used, something like Private/BDMV/Stream - the video files have an *.mts extension which you can search for.

John

strid

Standard Member
This what I get??

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-16 at 17.43.49.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-16 at 17.43.49.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 56

strid

Standard Member
Found the .mts files - but they wont open?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-16 at 17.56.15.png
    Screen shot 2010-06-16 at 17.56.15.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 83

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
I can't actually see any files attached but as you've found them they don't really matter, the files are avchd encoded so you'll need to have a suitable player. I don't know what's best for viewing on the Mac, something like VLC should do the job. One of the main downsides of the AVCHD files is that they're not easy to view, the other option the camera offers is m-jpeg which is easier to view on a computer but it's more bandwidth intensive and usually has tighter limits on recording times.

John

_Sion

Another option is to switch the camera video format from AVCHD to motion JPEG, I did this as my linux netbook was struggling to play AVCHD files smoothly but the mJPEG files are silky smooth.

D

Deleted member 27989

Vlc will do the trick, as will toast titanium and you can also use iMovie which will import it just fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom