Wanted MACBOOK PRO (2015 models only please)

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by Tony8, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Tony8

Tony8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +259
    Hi,

I am looking for either the 13'' or 15'' model, but am only interested in "last year's" models, nothing older please.

It must have at least 256gb SSD and at least 8gb ram, but happy to consider higher specs as well.

Preference is for something in very very good condition, both cosmetically and mechanically. I would also prefer to deal in person so I can see what I am buying, but shipped alternative will be considered.

I am also prepared to wait to take delivery until you receive any replacement unit you might be buying to replace what you are selling (i.e. the new MacBook Pro with TouchBar ;) )

If you have something that fits the bill, please let me know, along with the following details:
    • History of machine? (did you buy it from new? where from? any repairs undertaken?)
    • Warranty status?
    • Description of condition, including details about any dead pixels and any marks to the casing (no matter how small)
    • Boxed with all original packaging/inserts...?
    • Battery cycle count?
    • Receipt to be included?
    • Any accessories you are including in the sale
    I have cash waiting and will most likely but a new one from John Lewis in the next few days if I cannot source one on here.

Thanks for looking

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

2. eastsoutheast

eastsoutheast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    I have a late 2015 one with the top spec, 16GB ram, 512GB SSD, top end graphics inc dedicated and shared (not sure actual spec but 100% top option), will be a year old at the end of November. Extremely light use, I only use for web browsing 3 to 5 days per week and Netflix but much less than web. An amazing laptop that's lived in a quality case from day one and never leaves the home. I will guess at battery use and say 80 cycles but could check for sure tonight. No marks at all boxed with all accessories including 2 good as new mag safe 2 chargers, one for my bedroom and one in my living room. It has 25 months of AppleCare remaining (just paid £325 to extend). Only considering selling due to my very light use, iPad Pro, Mac mini and loads of windows laptops all of which would do what I want.

Considering the warranty, extra charger and condition (would cost £2400 to buy new) I would want £1475 plus actual delivery cost or can be collected. The same spec one without the extra charger and 2 year AppleCare sold for £1300 and these extras are worth far more than the extra £175 I am asking.
    Regards
    Brian

3. Tony8

Tony8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +259
    Hi Brian, thanks for posting, very interested in your machine.

I presume this is a 15" model given the specs and price?

Look forward to hearing confirmed battery cycle count and would also appreciate if you could confirm screen is mint (no deal pixels and no scratches/marks)?

I see you are in Luton so that unfortunately rules out collection. That makes it a £1500 purchase which is more than I want to spend unfortunately.

There is another For Sale thread on here just now for the same machine, albeit with only one MagSafe, but also with 6 months more AppleCare and an official SuperDrive for £1399. Is there perhaps any wiggle room on you're price?

If so then the next steps would be some photos but i'd hate to put you out if you don't think we can reach an agreement.

Look forward to hearing from you, cheers!

Tony

4. eastsoutheast

eastsoutheast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    That was the one I looked at to gauge the right price as it's the most recent and matches my spec.
    No dead pixels (25 months warranty if there ever was an issue), no scratches or dents. Checked coconut and 55 load cycles. I can't see any sort of drive included with the other one though. I would want to sell for a fair price so yes some wiggle room. £1400 plus delivery at cost, I travel into London daily and Warrington every couple of weeks so it may not need delivering by courier depending on where your based?

5. Tony8

Tony8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +259
    Brian, thanks for a prompt reply and the extra information.

I am based in the North East, but I do occasionally travel to Liverpool with work, which isn't too far from Warrington, although I am not sure when I will next be doing so. I think delivery is going to be our best option.

To be honest, £1400 is at the very top of my budget but I am sorely tempted. This is more machine/power than I need but I would always rather have the extra capability than not enough.

I am looking at a new 2015 13" variant with a lesser processor and half the SSD from John Lewis (includes 3 year warranty) for £1150. I guess I need to weigh up if it's worth £250 (plus delivery) more to meet your asking price.

Provided the mods are ok with it, would you be prepared to PM me the serial number just so I can check the exact spec of the machine and the warranty?

Also, would you be willing to formally transfer the AppleCare into my name and provide the original sales receipt?

Sorry for so many questions, but this would be by FAR the most I have ever spent on a second hand item without dealing face to face. I do take plenty comfort from your excellent iTrader feedback on here though :)

Cheers

6. eastsoutheast

eastsoutheast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    Hi Tony, I am off on holiday tomorrow evening returning on 11th November. I don't believe you transfer warranty with Apple as the warranty is on the item belonging to the serial number. I am planning on adding the Apple care extended warranty tomorrow and can assure you 100% it would have exactly as detailed. When I return from holiday a check of the serial number would confirm. I would prefer a F2F deal and if you found anything you were not happy with we would not deal. I don't have the receipt I am afraid, forgot to mention the sale also includes the brown leather case that totally protects the mac book. I looked at the hard shells but was out of by stories of damage appearing on the case on removal. I suppose if a 13" mac book pro with the spec you refer to suits your needs it would be better to buy new. I am a bit of a spoilt brat (48 yrs old) when it comes to gadgets and always want the best hence the spec VS what I actually needed!

7. Tony8

Tony8

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +259
    Morning Brian.

I understand the warranty position and that you are yet to add the additional AppleCare. News of the included case is welcomed :)

I am still undecided to be honest so I'll leave it for now but might come back to you when you return from your break if I decide a top spec 15" is the way to go.

Have a great holiday!

8. eastsoutheast

eastsoutheast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    Thanks Tony and if I was in the same position I would seriously consider buying a brand new machine if I could get the required spec for the same price.

9. eastsoutheast

eastsoutheast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +190
    Just to add the other one for sale with the same spec as mine has 159 battery cycles, mine has had very low use.
    Regards

10. Spoonman2

Spoonman2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +453
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016