Macbook Pro 16

gazza7474

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm considering the macbook pro 16. My main question is regarding the price. I can get it with a work 6% discount and the 16" is the same price as the 15"was , bigger hard drive and (possibly) improvements on the keyboard. Does anyone think there is a chance of price increases, maybe in the new year after the christmas purchases?

If Apple are going to raise their prices, they tend to do it when a new model comes out rather than mid-cycle, so I think you're pretty safe to hold on until the New Year.

Agree the price will be fixed, unless the exchange rate for GBP seriously tanks and Apple increases the UK store prices - again - to pass on the cost to UK buyers.

I'm considering the macbook pro 16. My main question is regarding the price. I can get it with a work 6% discount and the 16" is the same price as the 15"was , bigger hard drive and (possibly) improvements on the keyboard. Does anyone think there is a chance of price increases, maybe in the new year after the christmas purchases?

If you’re still pondering this then the Apple store on Amazon UK has some decent pricing on the two standard spec models of the new MBP 16 inch. You can save approx £200-250 off the standard price, I presume this is some form of pre Black Friday deal.

If you're still looking I just bought a 1TB MBP (16") off Amazon for £2,539, £260 cheaper than buying from Apple.

If you're still looking I just bought a 1TB MBP (16") off Amazon for £2,539, £260 cheaper than buying from Apple.

I have just bought a 13" MBP for £1630 off Amazon, when Apple are selling it for £1800.

I was loathe to purchase as the ARM / Apple Silicon is almost certainly going to be announced in a couple of days but was not too keen on buying their 1st MBP with the new chip when for what I do Intell is proven.

I have just bought a 13" MBP for £1630 off Amazon, when Apple are selling it for £1800.

I was loathe to purchase as the ARM / Apple Silicon is almost certainly going to be announced in a couple of days but was not too keen on buying their 1st MBP with the new chip when for what I do Intell is proven.
Just be careful when you get it. I sent mine back as I was suspicious of the packaging. After a month or so Amazon admitted it was a second hand one. Very naughty.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom