MacBook, 2 x iphone4...

AVF Jazzy Geoff

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know this has probably been asked a million times but a quick search hasnt resolved anything for me..:rolleyes:

I have a MacBook (OS X) with itunes and iphone4 set up (apps, music etc). My good lady wife now has iphone4 and wants itunes access. She has an itunes account on a previous PC (windows) with her own music etc, but we no longer have that PC

The problem is... Can i access her account, her apps etc without all my music etc ( we differ there ..:eek:) on the Mac without the 2 accounts getting confused, at one point today all my music, account details were being downloaded onto her phone, including payment details etc for apps via the phone, not a problem, but the music is an issue...any advice very muh appreciated

Geoff

I am looking for info on a similar topic. I have a 3gs, and my missus is getting an ipad. There some apps of mine that she will want, but if she sets up her own Apple ID and itunes account, can I transfer any apps that I've already paid for to her ipad? And if I transfer Angry Birds, for example, will it also transfer my games progress? I imagine not, as that would be part of my backup I guess?

jamesb5374 said:
I am looking for info on a similar topic. I have a 3gs, and my missus is getting an ipad. There some apps of mine that she will want, but if she sets up her own Apple ID and itunes account, can I transfer any apps that I've already paid for to her ipad? And if I transfer Angry Birds, for example, will it also transfer my games progress? I imagine not, as that would be part of my backup I guess?

Have you considered sharing the same account? Makes it easier and cheaper! http://www.avforums.com/forums/iphone/1462203-backing-2-iphones-1-laptop.html

Your in a slightly different situation to the OP who already has two accounts.

you can set up two different playlists, one with her music and one with yours and set each of the iphones to sync accordingly (I think I did this with an iPod and an iPhone, but it's been a while). This would give you shared apps but different music.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom