1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mac wants either Canon MVX1i, Sony PC110 or Panasonic EX12

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by wilse, Dec 12, 2001.

1. wilse

wilse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

I need some advice about any of these DV cams.
    I want a DV camera with good still's (if possible) as well as good video. I will be using for personal use (printing standard sized prints) and for web stuff, as I'm a freelance designer, things like product shots, and ebay material!

From what I've read the Canon is top of my list, as it has optical stabiliser, mega pixel, MAC connectivity and better support (apparantley) although I just heard that it is prone to tape chew?

The Sony apparentley won't download stills to my Mac G4 computer (via USB), so I have to buy a card reader, is this true?

The Panasonic is very similar in features to the other two except, it has a weird split in two feature (camera & video) it also has a Leica lens...

Has anyone had any stills from any of these cameras into their Mac, if so what's your opinions and could you send me a sample as you can't test in the shops!

I have found

http://www.askdirect.co.uk
    to be the cheapest on price, maybe it might be of use to others?