• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Mac Video converter

Kamanchi

Hi everyone I need to convert some mp4 files to a format recognised by my Xbox 360. I'm streaming from my iMac with connect 360. I've tried handbrake that only converted the first few seconds, I've got QuickTime pro 7 and that said it was going to take 18+ hours.

Can anyone recommend one?

Cheers Paul.

next010

Distinguished Member
The Xbox 360 does support MP4 files with AAC-LC stereo audio tracks, in some cases a simple remux tool can make such videos work like Rebox.Net but I don't know of any OSX equivalents.

If the audio is the problem you could try a video editor and mux the H.264 into a mov file with AAC-LC stereo, although the editor would have to support taking the original video.

Alternatively don't convert the video use a UPnP transcoding server like Serviio which has an OSX version and is free, it should play on the 360 through that.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom