Mac speakers

chipmunk3774

Standard Member
Hi I am looking to impress the husband for christmas! We have a 27in iMac upstairs and he would like some speakers. I am also thinking of getting something for playing music downstairs. Is there anything that can do both wirelessly through the ipad/phone? Am I making sense?? He is a gadget boy so I was looking at about £500. Thanks.

instigator

chipmunk3774 said:
Hi I am looking to impress the husband for christmas! We have a 27in iMac upstairs and he would like some speakers. I am also thinking of getting something for playing music downstairs. Is there anything that can do both wirelessly through the ipad/phone? Am I making sense?? He is a gadget boy so I was looking at about £500. Thanks.
An appletv 2 will allow you to play music wirelessly between your mac and anywhere around the house that you want to put it along with an amp with hdmi or spdif optical digital ports to plug it into... As a bonus you can play video through it if there is a tv nearby...

If you are sure you don't want video you can get an apple airport express which does the same thing without video and it also has more basic audio ports to plug into any amp speaker combinations....

I've just got Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers for 99 quid and they sound amazing out of my mac and a Cambridge Audio 99 quid amp... Pair that with a 99 quid stereo amp from Richer Sounds and you are ready to rock...

The apple tv or airport express is around 90 quid too... As a bonus you can play stuff wirelessly to them off your iPad or iPhone etc...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom