Question Mac Pro Marks on Screen

killie77

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi
Have the Mac Book Pro for a while. A couple of months ago I was cleaning the screen, think i might have used a screen cleaner with a microfibre cloth. Anyway noticed after a couple of days their were marks a round the Bezel. Their hard to see unless the light is on them. They don't appear to have gone beyond the Bezel. I have tried to remove them which i suspect has made them worse. It's almost as if the screen coating has started to come away.
I'll put up a couple of Pics, though they don't really show the extent of the marks.

Attachments

• DSC_0004.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 60
  • DSC_0020.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 58
  • DSC_0021.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 56
Looks like what ever cleaner you used has penetrated the seal round the edge of the screen.

I honestly don’t know why people use cleaners?!?!? Any sort of chemical or abrasive is going to ruin your screen. A clean damped (damp, not soaked) with water micro fibre cloth is all that’s ever needed. Then a second clean dry microfibre cloth to buff dry.

Thanks.
Was wondering as it's only the Bezel that seems affected. Would it be ok just to leave as it is. Not looking forward to buying a new screen for it.
Thanks
Ian

Do you know what you sprayed on it? As I say I suspect something has penetrated through the edge of the screen. Hence only the bezel.

Still use it as is of course. It’s just cosmetic damage.

Thanks
I'm not really sure what it was might've been Screen Cleaner which i've used before. It's a couple of years old now bought it second hand in SA. So as long as it's working will make sure I only use water and a microfibre cloth from now on.
Regards
Ian

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom