• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mac pro and printing

ollymoran

Standard Member
Hi,

I have just recently changed laptop from Pc to a MacBook
Pro and I have an epson sx425w printer. The thing is I have lost the instructions
That you need to set the printer up to the wifi. I did have it set up but it was to my old ISP.

Does anyone know where online i can find the wireless setup instructions have looked on epsons site but it doesn't tell me how to do it.

Many thanks.

ollymoran

Standard Member
Got my model wrong, it's a sx235w! Have had a look at this site and cannot find the original software that came with the printer that sets the wifi up. Seemed different and when I tried connecting via WPS it would not have it.

Is there anywhere I can purchase install disks for the printer? This would be a lot easier to me? Don't really know much about macs like I did PCs!

ben diver

Established Member
Pretty sure you have to connect to computer via Ethernet to set up.
I should have a disc would need to dig it out. If you need it I can send it out to you just let me know but pretty sure you shouldn't need it as everything on the link in above post. Hope you get sorted

ollymoran

Standard Member
hi,

have managed to get the printer working via the USB cable but still cannot work out how to connect wirelessly and put it on my Home network. The download is just the drivers which is fine but doesn't give any setup instructions for the wi-fi setup.

Might need you to dig the disc out for me Ben diver!

ollymoran

Standard Member
Getting closer!! I have tried the WPS connection type as I have Bt infinity and I have a WPS button on the router but when I press it then hold down the wifi button on the printer the lights flash but it doesn't connect.

On the router, is anything supposed to flash to signal activation or do I just press it??

ollymoran

Standard Member
yes, but that has not got anything wireless in it just ink levels and stuff. I have tried to set up the printer wireless, i do as it says press WPS on my router, hold the wifi button for 3 seconds untill the lights flash and it says it should connect, which it doesn't! Must be something i'm doing wrong. :mad:

razer1

Established Member
hmmm...

strange.. Sorry cant be much more helpful but ive got the sx435w and virgin so my setup's completely different.

Try logging into the BT HH to check the printer is actually connected to the router. - See this guide to logging into the HH -http://www.filesaveas.com/bthomehub_login.html

If its connected to the HH, try adding the printer from the systems preferences -> printers -> + button
If its connected to the wireless/ router, it should be visible to add to the mac.

ollymoran

Standard Member
hmmm...

strange.. Sorry cant be much more helpful but ive got the sx435w and virgin so my setup's completely different.

Try logging into the BT HH to check the printer is actually connected to the router. - See this guide to logging into the HH -http://www.filesaveas.com/bthomehub_login.html

If its connected to the HH, try adding the printer from the systems preferences -> printers -> + button
If its connected to the wireless/ router, it should be visible to add to the mac.

In system preferences I have not got a printers button but have got "PRINT AND SCAN" When I go into this it says "Printers" then the printer name, then underneath says offline. When I plug it in via USB it says ONLINE and it prints, but there is nothing like a + button to add it to the WIFI.

Have also accessed my HH and it is not on there as being connected.

razer1

Established Member
seems like the issues is with the printer not connecting with the HH.

Yeah the print and scan is what I meant , sorry, still not quite used to mac terminology ( I came from windows 7 mnths ago! and still use both but more my mac)

The button should be underneath the printer list but if the printer is not showing on the HH then it still wont show inn the list..

ollymoran

Standard Member
I know. On my pc laptop it connected fine until I changed my ISP. Just seems really complicated to a pc which I didn't think macs were!

ben diver

Established Member
ben diver said:
Pretty sure you have to connect to computer via Ethernet to set up.
I should have a disc would need to dig it out. If you need it I can send it out to you just let me know but pretty sure you shouldn't need it as everything on the link in above post. Hope you get sorted

Sorry meant USB drop me a p.m. With your address If you need the disc, but not sure it's got anything different to what you've got on there already hope you get sorted

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom