• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mac/Monitor help

Shoka

Im fed up with Microsoft and Im thinking of making the Jump to a Mac.

Im thinking if buying a Mac Mini, I have a LCD monitor for my PC, can I use that monitor, the mac comes with a DVI/vga adaptor is that OK for the screen I have at the moment?

Anyone help?

jont

Shouldn't be a problem ... mac mini will come with a variety of built-in screen resolutions from 640 x 480 all the way up to 1600 x 1200 ... ships with a dvi>vga adaptor ... really is plug and play all the way !!

I've got one so any probs drop a post and I'll help out ...

Glad you've seen the light ;-)

Jon

Shoka

jont said:
I've got one so any probs drop a post and I'll help out ..

Thanks, I may just take you up on that im a Mac novice so there may be a transitional phase where im stuck, hope not tho.

jont said:
Glad you've seen the light ;-)

the blue screen of death has finaly got the better of me 1 time too many :thumbsdow, from what ive read and people have told me Mac OS' are so much more stable than Windows, is that true?

jont

You got it ... 2 main reasons user's switch is stability and lack of viruses ... and because they are so gorgeously designed !!

You will be able to do nearly everything that you could on a PC - main exceptions are for Microsoft Access stuff (although there are mac database apps) and depends how heavy a gamer you are as there is are significantly fewer games (although the major ones are there Halo, etc) ...

For email, web browsing, word processing, spreadsheets, photoshop, bittorrent, etc it's all available

Apple ships their own iLife software which does iTunes, movie editingd, dvd creating, musiac creating, photo manipulation and website building for free with every mac !! check out www.apple.com/ilife

happy to help you on the way ...

Jon

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom