Mac Mini for High Res?

jasonhenley

Standard Member
Hi
I’m in the process of building my HiFi setup and have come across a stumbling block of streamers. Due to the limitation of airplay 2 not being able to stream at high res has made me look at a different solution for a streamer connected to the amp.
Has anyone used a Mac mini just for streaming?
As all my music and subscriptions are with Apple Music, I want to keep within this.
Thanks

spinaltap

Distinguished Member
I used to utilise a Mac Mini with a Meridian Director DAC, which would output to 24/192. On your Mac, make the appropriate adjustments to MIDI output in System Preferences.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
I used to utilise a Mac Mini with a Meridian Director DAC, which would output to 24/192. On your Mac, make the appropriate adjustments to MIDI output in System Preferences.

Me too. Except with a MacBook Pro.

A top class dac is the Meridian.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
Hi
I’m in the process of building my HiFi setup and have come across a stumbling block of streamers. Due to the limitation of airplay 2 not being able to stream at high res has made me look at a different solution for a streamer connected to the amp.
Has anyone used a Mac mini just for streaming?
As all my music and subscriptions are with Apple Music, I want to keep within this.
Thanks

I’ve used a dedicated MacBook of one kind or another for ten years as a music player for both iTunes and Spotify.

Will you be using an external dac?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom