• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mac Book Keyboard

RichJD

My Black MacBook (circa 2006/7) has decided to eject it's 'M' key and I was wondering if any of you have had a similar thing happen to you, and if so any tips on reattaching it?

It's not the end of the world as I leave it on my desk these days and use the wireless keyboard (when it's not run out of battery power) and iteleport from my iPad, but it would still be nice to have it reattached.

Last edited:

CamFire

Distinguished Member
It could be a irreversibly broken plastic clip underneath the key itself. I've had this sort of trouble with PowerBook G4's and I simple replaced the keyboard with a cheap replacement from the bay...

magoo1

It might be worth booking a genius appointment at your nearest Apple store. last time I was at the Genius Bar another customer next to me got a couple of keycaps replaced on an old powerbook free of charge!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom