1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA Silver Series with Denon 3802

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Adele, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Adele

Adele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've bitten the bullet and ordered the MA silver series package (8i/10i/fxi) to go with my Denon 3802.

My Questions are:

1. Best speaker cable to go with this? I'm thinking QED Silver Anniversary biwire for the fronts and plain old QED Silver Anniversary for the rears/centre.

2. Wondering if I'll need to bother with a sub in my small living room (3.6m by 4m) - if I decide that I do, I'm thinking of going for the cherry MJ Acoustics Pro 50 as I don't want TOO much bass (and it needs to be good for music as well as movies). I've taken quite a shine to this little sub!

I'm hoping I've made the right choices here - Ordered the speakers on Friday from HiFi Bitz at a pretty good price (£890), but waiting for them to get their stock in! Just need to get the cable (and maybe the sub)

Cheers,
    Adele.

2. DRC

DRC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in the same boat.
    Waiting for my amp to come from the UK.

At the momment, the MA's are on my current arcam system a8,p75 plus a yam pro-logic amp.

I set it up last night and I noticed the 8i have a lot of bass, compared with my castle 7. So you may get away without a SA.

3. gazzerr

gazzerr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could try the Van Den Hull CS122 cable and see which you prefer. I have just ordered a sub to go with the set up and I hope I notice the difference, or to my more precise that the other half does;)

DRC - your amp must be coming by boat via cape horn;)

4. DRC

DRC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the amp stored at my parents for the couple of months, working out if its worth shipping it over to sweden.

I wait four months for them to get stock in to the uk.

one day soon I hope to have both my HC set up. :)

5. gazzerr

gazzerr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds familiar - My sub is going to Croydon and I think it too heavy to check in when I'm flying over this week :confused: