MA RS6AV package vs M&K M7+K17 vs RX6+RX Centre

T3C

Prominent Member
Reaction score
What to do.......aaaarrrggggh?

Started off with what I thought would be fairly straight forward upgrade but now has turned into quite a dilemma. I did have only £500 as a budget which then stretched to £650 at a push. But it's been confirmed that I could have a little more if I really, really need too :eek:

Currently have a pair of MK M7's on demo as L & R to get a close match to my MK K17 centre. Now starting to settle in nicely and I'm really starting to enjoy them. Though maybe my sub is the new weak point but certainly seems better at 90hz crossover than the 120hz I was advised to use.

I then had the following option given to me:

MA RX6's plus the new matching centre for a very very attractive price. I've had a brief listen and the RX's did sound very nice. Infact I've had them ringing in my ears since leaving the shop with the M7's as they were the last thing I heard. But would they work well on my Yammy and blend with my 309i?

But to just make things a bit more difficult this was presented to me. The MA RS6AV package with sub for just about £1000. I haven't heard any of these speakers yet but reviews sound good and people on here like them. Just a bit worried by the odd comment on a bright/harsh treble on the RS6's and how well once again would this package work with my Yammy amp?

Really looking forward to others input on this please.

P.S: On a slightly different note I guess I would still get a decent price for my MS 309i sub and M&K K17 if they came up for sale?

coupled to a bright amplifier as the Yamaha is

Is it really that bright then? I thought it was quite a neutral amp compared to some?

Yes I do need to try them in my room but it's proving quite hard to find somebody who has them setup close by to listen to....grrrr.

Just courting peoples views to see if it's worth pursuing a home demo of the MS package.

Thanks for the reply too :smashin:

FWIW I can`t help thinking that a set of bright/harsh speakers as you say, coupled to a bright amplifier as the Yamaha is, might not be the sound you`re looking for.
The Yamaha is a warm amp and so, 'on paper' is the ideal partner for bright sounding speakers such as the MA Silvers, though obviously, personal tastes differ so a demo is advised.

The new RX series has a reportedly smoother sound than the RS series.

Yes I know I do and will be having a chat with my local dealer and asking nicely if I can borrow his RX6's for a few days. Add in the RX centre and that could be a hard to beat front 3. But the idea of the full RS6AV with the RSW12 sub for just bit more is very tempting.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom