• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

MA rears advice

davdandy

Standard Member
I wish to seek advice on a set of rear speakers for my setup.

I have seen the Monitor Audio BRFX and the silver but prefer the price on the bronze at around £210 mark.As i am not an expert or anything what is the difference between the two and justification of the £150-200 price difference between the two.

I have a Yamaha dsp ax 757 s,i have Tannoy 607s for the front and just bought a MS 309i sub.

The wife likes the look of the MA range hence the questions.(always a good sign):D

D

Deleted member 174041

I uppose the best advice would be to audition both pares and see if you can tell a difference between them. If not get the Bronze

davdandy

Standard Member
Thanks danmc_82

I have only seen the bronze online but seen the silver in the flesh but heard from neither,i thought as MA being of quality name and make i should go for these to replace my old ones.

I can only afford the bronzes,i just wanted to know if the double in price is justified.

D

Deleted member 174041

I can only afford the bronzes,i just wanted to know if the double in price is justified.

If thats what you can afford then go for it. I suppose its the same as the Silver and Gold versions, Is the Gold worth double the Silvers. Alot of people say no.

davdandy

Standard Member
Thanks again guys.

I must admit the bronzes look no different in appearance do realise they must differ under the bonnet.But like has been said the price differences are major and as i`m no premier league footballer with money to throw away i may go for the bronzes.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom