MA Gold GS10 vs XTZ 99.26

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by andyph666, Feb 6, 2009.

1. andyph666

andyph666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I was wondering if theres a difference between these speakers? I might use the 99.26 as rears in my surround setup. Or maybe even sell the monitor audios if they aren't as good. I got the golds used for the same price range of the xtz 99.26. Any ideas how they compare?

2. Supernovaxl

Supernovaxl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Both are great speakers, having the XTZs myself i would be biased but i know that the MAs would be a good choice. IMO the finish on the MAs is beautiful and on looks alone i would choose them but the XTZ has the better drive units and quite possibly the better sound.

3. Member 96948

Member 96948
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,253
    In terms of quality of output, there's not much in it, but in terms of their style of output, I'd say the XTZs are a bit more forthright and the MAs a touch warmer sounding.

To a degree, the differences would boil down to the room's layout as the XTZs have a much wider horizontal treble dispersion, that is less forgiving of close side walls and could sound overly hard in such a situation.

As a complimentary rear speaker, I doubt you would have any issues using the MAs and XTZs together, mainly because a speaker placed to the side or behind you, sounds so fundamentally different to one placed in front of you. They do both share a very incisive mid range character and the XTZ's treble tuning possibilities do offer the chance of tuning a match, but it's not a question that can be answered without actually trying the pairing.

Russell