MA Bronze B2's and wiring up

Tri11

Novice Member
My ex-dem B2's arrived today, along with my B1's. The B1's are single wired, with the provided gold links across the connections. However the B2's, being ex-dem, havn't been supplied with the gold links for between the wire connections. Does this mean I have to bi-wire them? I would rather not, since this would mean one of my speaker pairs wont have wire :thumbsdow for a while.

GW43

Tri11 said:
Does this mean I have to bi-wire them? I would rather not, since this would mean one of my speaker pairs wont have wire :thumbsdow for a while.

Not at all - just cut off a few cm of speaker cable, separate the cores and use these to bridge between the terminals, in the same way that the plates are linked in the B1s. Red to red, black to black.

You might want to do this to the B1s anyway, in addition to the plates

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
yep, as the fella says, get a short inch or so of single wired speaker cable, separate the two pieces (- and + if so labelled), wire black to black and red to red and bingo :)

Tri11

Novice Member
Ok thanks guys. Lol, I went and bi-wired them anyway for the time being. I'll get round to freeing up the extra wire some other time. Just enjoying the B1s and B2s for now :thumbsup: .

Phil

Top Bottom