1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA B2 or Kef Q3 ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by overfloe, Oct 4, 2003.

1. overfloe

overfloe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    aaahhh.. decisions.. decisions..
    i am going to demo the Monitor Audio B2 on Saturday.. i have not heard them but it looks good and all that.. at the same time Superfi is doing Kef Q3 for £250, which is about the same price if I buy the B2 + stands, assuming im taking the mission stancette stands which cost around £50 at leconcepts.. i hope owners of these two speakers care to share oppinions?
    oh yes i'll be using the speakers for 50/50 music/movies with pioneer 812/nad 521bee/320bee combo
    aaahhh.. :zonked:

2. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Q3 is the poor relation of the Q family - a Q1 in a big box that it should never have been put in - Q1 + quality stand is a much better option.

MA B2 = v nice IMHO, almost as good as Q1 (IMHO).

BTW I have my Kefs on stands made by Partington (I think they're called Focus) & cost £50 - nice and sturdy + fillable.

3. overfloe

overfloe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks wilber
    i got myself the B2 :D i listened to the Q3 before the b2 and I found that the Q3 is lacking punch.. the low price tag doesn't convince me enough to buy the gorgeous floorstander :(