Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

MA B2 or Kef Q3 ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by overfloe, Oct 4, 2003.

1. overfloe

overfloe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    aaahhh.. decisions.. decisions..
    i am going to demo the Monitor Audio B2 on Saturday.. i have not heard them but it looks good and all that.. at the same time Superfi is doing Kef Q3 for £250, which is about the same price if I buy the B2 + stands, assuming im taking the mission stancette stands which cost around £50 at leconcepts.. i hope owners of these two speakers care to share oppinions?
    oh yes i'll be using the speakers for 50/50 music/movies with pioneer 812/nad 521bee/320bee combo
    aaahhh.. :zonked:

2. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Q3 is the poor relation of the Q family - a Q1 in a big box that it should never have been put in - Q1 + quality stand is a much better option.

MA B2 = v nice IMHO, almost as good as Q1 (IMHO).

BTW I have my Kefs on stands made by Partington (I think they're called Focus) & cost £50 - nice and sturdy + fillable.

3. overfloe

overfloe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks wilber
    i got myself the B2 :D i listened to the Q3 before the b2 and I found that the Q3 is lacking punch.. the low price tag doesn't convince me enough to buy the gorgeous floorstander :(