Quantcast

m7ds rears

bob1

Whats the best place for them the sofa is on the back wall, do you think high up fireing from the side or somthing else?

paulfd

Standard Member
Hi,
Have pair of same for sides and have them set around 500mm above listening position and they sound pretty good to me. Picked up recommendation from one of the forums on here.

Rgds

bob1

Thanks i'll try that

R

ric_hall

I see people prefer mounting them on the side walls .

Related to this, how do you actually mount these speakers to the wall(e.g. do they hook onto screws which you've already driven into the wall, etc.)?

Bristol Pete

Novice Member
In fact I put mine up yesterday. There are holes at the top of the speakers 11 inches apart.

So I measured 12 inches down, 15 inche in, drew a stright line across using the ceiling as my plum line to keep things straight and then drilled two holes eleven inches apart, fitted raw plugs put in the screws and then hung those babies up opposite each other firing across the listening position.

I have full victorian coving in my lounge so the rear wire is routed on that, out of sight and down the wall rather than up.

Looks good, sounds great..

Captain B.

bob1

Got mine up at last but due lack of space are much closer to the rear wall ,never mind still sound a lot better than the hifi speakers on stands that i was using :)