1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M73 or M7DS?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by etsoi, Jun 9, 2002.

1. etsoi

etsoi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At first I am going to get a pair of m7ds to go with my m7c1 and m71 and a sub. I live in Canada and Mission's speakers are expensive here. But now my mum is coming to visit and she can buy the speaker for me! The m73 here is twice as expensive in UK! So if she can get it for me, I can use my M71 as rear suround. Is M7ds better choice? And is m73 too big for my room? My room is around 250 to 300 sq ft! I really needed help on this guys thank you for your help! The main point is I can save alot getting the m73 from UK! So M71 with M7C1 and M7DS better or M73 with M7C1 and M71 better?

2. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My room is about the same size as yours and I use the M73 as fronts and M7DS as rears.
    You could use the M71's as rears if you have them already but I found this type of speaker to be a bit to directional when use as rears for my liking.
    As for getting the M73s from the UK they are in large boxes and awkward as well,might cost a lot in excess baggage!
    I would stick to what you have and get the M7DS rears,at least your mum could carry them as they come neatly in one box.
    Have a look at the link to my websapce that shows some pics with the speakers might give you some idea.

3. etsoi

etsoi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you give me some info about the packaging of the m73? Like how big and heavy it is? And do you know is there a website I can find out how much it is to ship it from UK to other country like vancouver BC? I want to see how much total is the m73s with shipping to Canada, it might still be cheaper than buying it here! Or else I will go for the M7DS! Nothing beats a british speakers! I have ProAc and Tannoy! They are excellent! BUt don't know why they are so expensive here in Canada! Thank you for your help and what is your webpage?

4. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you goto www.mission.co.uk it gives you the size of the speakers there,not sure exactly of the weight but they are roughly 20KG each.
    As for the web thing if you click on the button that says www at the bottom of this message I have done a small web page which shows both the speakers you mention, the though was it might give you some idea of their size.
    Also I should point out that the packaging on the M73's was terrible,the first pair I had delivered were badly damaged,according to Mission this has now been sorted but suppliers might have stocks with the old packaging still and seeing as they were only delivered within the UK you might not fair so well.
    The packaging on the M7DS was fine though.

5. etsoi

etsoi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do any of you guys know which online hifi store in UK will ship internationally? My mum is trying to get me the m73s now and I would like to see the different between store price with shipping to Canada and my mum getting the speakers and shipping it by herself, thank you!

6. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it might be useful if you could post how much they are to buy where you are from??.

The cost of shipping would be quite expensive, especially for the M73's.

For me to send you some M7DS via fedex from the uk the cost would be approx US$95.

Also note that when your mum comes here to the uk, for her to get a good price on these speakers she will have to order them from a website or by telephone and have them delivered to an address in the uk? Do you have family here?.

Our uk high street stores are much more exensive than ordering off the internet which is what everyone in this group does. something to consider.

7. micb3rd

micb3rd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I have Mission M73 floostanders, I Love the sound they produce they are farly large in size, the boxes that they are packeged in are huge and quite difficuly to move or carry as the spakers are heavy.

8. etsoi

etsoi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A pair of m73s is on-sale at my local hifi store for 598 (I have to pay 14.5% taxes too) which is around 266 pound. Where is the cheapest place to get those in UK? I was born in England and moved to Canada and my mum still lives in UK. So if the shipping is less than 100 pound (hopefully around 50 to 70 pound) to Canada, it is still cheaper than getting it here! m7ds is another story tho, I think I can get it here, not that much different. I got a pair m71s and I paid around 140 pound for them! Thank you for help!

9. micb3rd

micb3rd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I got mine form www.Hifibitz.com they are £159 pounds.

I order from them regularly, they seem to be very good.

10. etsoi

etsoi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Richer Sounds has them for 139.99 pound, are they good online store? How does the VAT work? THank you for your help! My mum is helping me but I needed to tell her where to buy tho.

11. etsoi

etsoi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    By the way, I got a great deal on a pair of white 77ds, will they go with my m71s and m7c1? 50 to 55pund cheaper than m7ds! Or should I get the m7ds? But they are more expensive!

12. zippo4

zippo4
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    As someone who has built large ecommerce websites for multinationals the rules on vat state that you only pay VAT if the customer resides in the UK. If you live in Canada then there no way you should pay VAT. Now if you were to ask if the website is set up to do this - well, that's another question :)

13. micb3rd

micb3rd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    zippo4 check out the post date and you will see this thread was gone 5 months ago........