1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M51-DVS problem ... help needed !

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by smillie, Apr 16, 2005.

1. smillie

smillie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My M51 DVS system is about 3 months old. In the last few days while DVD play mode it has started turning off at random times when part way through the DVD. When switched back on the unit plays from the place on the DVD it was at before it switched itself off.

Has anyone had similar problems M 51, 71 units, and is there a fix without taking it for repair ?

thanks in hope !

2. Steve_runner

Steve_runner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Don't have a fix I'm afraid. But as you have a D-M51DVS, how do you rate it. Does it give a good surround sound effect? Are you using it in a small room. Appreciate any views as I considered getting one.

TVM

Steve

3. smillie

smillie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For a 2.1 system the performance is great. DVD images are crisp and clear. Audio performance is also good for a unit of this type. The Bose alternative is almost twice the price (funny) and no better or worse. If you are looking for a space saving system this works.

My problem with the unit comes and goes. I was looking for a less obvious answer but I think it's just running hot - probably the amount of work the unit is doing which may be a -ve factor with 2.1 systems. My positioning is fine in terms of spacing so you'll need to watch that.

4. clash33

clash33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am also thinking of getting a D-M51DVS. have you got your's sorted out? If so do you still rate the product. I have seen it on the net for £385 (good price I think)