• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

M20 speed reduced to 50mph through Maidstone and cameras installed

StooMonster

On the premise that the M20 motorway is "too noisy" for the residents of Maidstone, the local council has proposed that the speed limit is reduced to 50mph through junctions 6 through 8.

Instead of installing more soundproofing -- which costs money -- they are installing speed cameras -- which make money.

But to appear non-cynical the local council says that "air polution" from the motorway is the real problem.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7300134.stm

If it's still being "proposed", why have they painted the white lines on the road and installed the cameras in the last week?

StooMonster

Kebabhead

Novice Member
Rqather than imposing a speed limit the road could be resurfaced with low noise surfacing

Although I doubt v much that the Highways Agency would contemplate that idea as low noise surfacing doesn't last as long as standard mastic asphalt

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
wouldn't they have considered resident's comments when they routed the motorway? And if the houses have been built since the motorway, then its their fault.

the blooming M3 has been 50mph'd twice in 12 months to install and reinstall larger and larger soundproofing for the new houses that have been built right to the edge of the motorway. I hope the council who approved the plans pay for it, or the company that built the houses. probably not though.

StooMonster

Residents?

Check Google maps, except for one small stretch it's mostly fields and light industrial either side of the motorway on the proposed 50mph section; junction 7 through 8 is entirely rural (and the Eurostar 190mph fast rail-link to London).

StooMonster

inzaman

In the next 10 years i will be surprised if there is a 70 limit, i think it will eventually be 50 maximum :(

eric pisch

Novice Member
Residents?

Check Google maps, except for one small stretch it's mostly fields and light industrial either side of the motorway on the proposed 50mph section; junction 7 through 8 is entirely rural (and the Eurostar 190mph fast rail-link to London).

StooMonster

I know I used to live at J4 on the M20 .... joke its a total joke

Still there's one good thing, eventually they will run out of road space to put piggy banks on

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom