M1+ questions

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Autopilot, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Autopilot

Autopilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,329
    Just got an Cambridge Audio M1+ and I am well chuffed with it. It's way way better than a Kameleon and nearly half the RRP.

Anyway, I have noticed that it has a 'trans' button, but there is no mention of it in the manual. What does it do?

Cheers.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. The question was that for some reason it won't do the power on/off properly on my CA 640 AMP. It will only either turn it on or off, not both. The original remote would turn the power on and off. For example, at the moment it will turn the AMP off but never on. If I re-learn then sometimes it will start doing on rather then off (but the i have no way of turning it off, but can use the input to turn it on). Still usuable, just strange because surely the same IR signal sent from the orginal remote for on and off.

2. mattross

mattross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    When learning the button's signal try experimenting with how long U hold the button on the original remote. I had some buttons that were temperamental as well. Generally speaking I got the best results when just pressing the button quickly, but a few I had to hold over a second.

3. Autopilot

Autopilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,329
    Cheers. Yeah, found that with the volume a bit when trying to get it to continue to rise/fall whe the button is held. But i can't seem to get the power right and have tried hundreds of times. All that will happen is sometime the OFF works without the ON, or the ON works but not the OFF. Wierd.

Oh, and Any idea what the 'TRANS' button does?

Thanks.

4. Geordie Jester

Geordie Jester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +156
    Dom,

Really interested in picking one of these up. Only 40 quid seems a good deal. Can you give a little bit more feedback on what you now think about it now?

Is it strange to get used to as its a lot wider than normal remote?

What scope do you have for things like "subwoofer" "surroundmode" and other odd buttons for AMP. can u change the names/labels of the buttons/functions ?

cheers

5. Autopilot

Autopilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,329
    It's not too big, can be used in one hand. The subs/surround sound can all be controled. You can customise the buttons yes. Great remote, check my reply to your PM.