1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M&K wall mounting

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by rigman, Jan 31, 2002.

1. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I have M&K SS-150s as my side speakers and S-85's on the rears in a 7.1 system. I have mounted the S-85s using M&K tilt and swivel wall brackets but my SS-150's are just sat on a cupboards either side. I have noticed in a few of the professional installs where these speakers have been used that they are mounted flush to the walls. Can anyone tell me what brackets they use to do this. I dont want to use the same brackets that I use on the rears as I think the speakers will stick out too far from the walls and be too obtrusive.

thanks

Darren

2. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,518
    The brackets are called ' flush mount brackets '. One part screws to the back of the speaker, the other screws to the wall. Then they slide over each other.
    When fitted, the speaker is sat only about 5mm or so away from the wall, so you can't use huge cable, but they really are ' flush '

Kev

3. pc

pc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This bracket comes in the box with the SS150's (and the K4 tripoles also). Your dealer should be able to get a set if you have lost them.

4. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Okay thanks for that. I bought the SS-150s secondhand and they came with the tilt and swivel brackets but I used them for the S-85 rears instead. I will speak to the nearest M&K dealer and get replacements.