• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

M&K subwoofer blew it's 125W amplifier, found replacement but...

Techlord

Hello everyone,

I have an M&K LCR 750-THX 5.1 speaker system and my M&K V-1250THX subwoofer blew it's 125W amplifier, being an older model I wasn't able to get a direct replacement as they are no longer available! I have never cared for any THX modes for my subwoofer as I have kept it set to Variable for Bass Level and the Low Pass Filter at 80Hz 24db/OCTAVE. I have however found a replacement M&K VX-1250 250W amp (newer model) except it's the non-THX version. Now for my question, how well will the integration of this new non-THX version subwoofer change how it blends in with the rest of my speaker system? Here is a picture of my older dead amp and the second the new amp. The newer brand new amp is only $139.95, better than spending $1200 for a new SB-1250!

I would appreciate any insight and thank you,
Techlord. :)

Attachments

• Picture 264.jpg
    Picture 264.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 1,424
  • MK1250amp.jpg
    MK1250amp.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 1,062

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom