1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M&K Subs

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Rob Sinden, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Rob Sinden

Rob Sinden
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,037
    I've been an M&K convert for about four years after trying dozens of other combinations. Using the speakers the studios use to make their movies on makes sense to me.

For years I thought the MX350THX blem away everything else until a dem last week when I heard the new M&K studio sub. This puts every other sub I've heard to sham. Unfortunately I had to go to St Albans to hear it but the dem was worth the travel. It sounded awesome in a huge room.

I've ordered a 5100, if you want to hear the best, check one out!

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Samsaid - Nice to hear that M&K continue to make good subs and from the specs it looks awsome and i am sure it sounds equally the same, my MX350 will stay with me for some time to come and i have just installed some M&K S-150's and it is certainly the best home cinema sound i have heard.

Regards
    John

3. cuscus

cuscus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I must say it does look very tempting but as with Recruit, my trusty MX350 MKII will be staying put.
    I also have the full M&K set up but my rears are the SW95 inwalls & coupled with S150 fronts & i love it.
    When setting my sub up i actually found the best response was to have the driver facing the wall anyway, damn i knew i should have patented that design before M&K did it :D

4. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cuscus - I think that M&K really do make the best speakers for Home Cinema i'm just so pleased i went back to them as i really did miss the sound, i am one very happy AV-aholic... :)

5. Godfather

Godfather

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +224
    Recruit, off topic but I've noticed your signature doesn't say anything about the 'V' bit of your AV system? Is it secret? ;)

6. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it is :D

No i have a Sony 42" Plasma but would love a Projector but i think that would be pushing it as my girlfriend has been quite tolerant so far, but that is my next step :devil:

Regards
    John

7. Paul Anderson

Paul Anderson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After reading about M&K speakers and their use in the film industry I made a trip to their new headquarters in Berkshire last week to audition their systems. If you're a home cinema nut, this place is heaven! The dem rooms alone are worth a visit. I don't know much about acoustics but I've never seen dem rooms like this before. They are built like recording studios for the best acoustics and as the folks at MK say there's no better place in the country to enjoy music.
    I've been a home cinema nut for over 10 years and have never heard anything that comes close to these systems. I'm now the proud owner of a JVC/Sunfire/Audyssey/MK150 system that kills any system I've heard before.
    Awesome!

8. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    :spam:

This thread smell a bit iffy to me. Rob Sinden owns Gecko so he's being a bit economical with the truth and three years later the thread is resurrected from obscurity by someone newly registered who wants to rave about the company and who obviously isn't aware that forum moderators can see the IP addresses that people are posting from.

Shame on you as it demeans a company to post in such a sneaky manner

9. mossym

mossym
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,182
    also when the poster is reposting the same information all over the forum, some of the posts just copied and pasted

10. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30,084
    :oops: :rotfl:

Dave