M&K sub or not ?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by DodgeTheViper, Sep 28, 2002.

1. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,328
    Hi all,

I need a bit of help with a sub upgrade.
    I currently have M&K K-7's across the front, and K-4's at the sides, with the little K-9 sub, which is good but, i want more !

My room measures approx 17' x 15', carpeted floor, and usual furnishings. While the K-9 is good i want something to go a little deeper and have more 'kick'. I like a sub to be fast and not 'woolly' i also want to feel that it's there during those exciting movie moments, but at the same time i dont want to hear it lingering in the background.

So, i want it fast , tight , and deep. I have been considering the M&K V-125 or, something in the REL Q range.

What do you think ? Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks
    Kev

2. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,314
    Just because you are using M&K speakers doesn't mean you have to have an M&K sub.

There are fantastic subs out there that perform far better for less money. Try Velodyne in the power buys, Rels ST Range, And the servo 15 if you can get one demoed(fat chance with Richers).

3. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Kev,
    I use what is generally regarded as M&K best speaker the professional MPS2510 powered.
    I don't use an M&K sub.