• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

M&K sub help pls :)?

Deadmeat1st

Established Member
Hi
Can anyone advise me on the best sub for the Xenon 36(or26)/SR26 package. Room size is 4m(l)x3m(w)x2m(h).

I have found ex dem M&Ks as follows:

Vx760 - £499
VX860 - £549
KX-12 - £479.99

Which is the most recent or best model and what figures as the best value at the above listed prices? Does anyone know th dimensions as well?

Finally, is it ok to buy 2nd Hand/Ex Dem subs or are there any common problems associated with them?

R

recruit

Hi Deadmeat1st - the VX860 would be my choice and tbh the M&K's will sound better when partnered with a decent sub and the 860 is no slouch, ref to the 2nd hand and reliability i would most certainly buy with confidence...i have owned quite a few M&K subs and never had a problem with any of them :thumbsup:

JohnnyScot

Established Member
i have owned quite a few M&K subs and never had a problem with any of them :thumbsup:

And I still own one of his old ones and it is still going strong! I have 2 MX350s and they are fab, whatever you choose you'll be pleased.

Good luck.

HiFiRuss71

Distinguished Member
I'd suggest that for the price of a VX-860, you'd do well to buy an SVS SB12/Plus which offers all of that performance (and then some) plus room tuning features that can (if you're prepared to put in the time) elevate it's performance to another level.

If you're not, then the 860 would be the choice out of that list.

Russell

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom