1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M&K ST stand height ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by M&Kfan, Aug 18, 2005.

1. M&Kfan

M&Kfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK. I picked up my new (used) M&K 150 kit yesterday. Sold my 750THX system (sob!) to fund the purchase. One thing that is causing my a little concern is that the ST series stands for the left/right combination are the little ones, specifically 17.5" tall. I just assumed I was getting the 25" as that was the size of the box. What do you M&K die hards use for pipe height on your ST stands out there? Have any of you had custom lengths made?

Surrounds aren't a problem as I also scored some ST wall tilt brackets.

PS. My wife thinks that the 150s are butt ugly and wants them hidden from view. She didn't mind and actually came to like the look of the 750's mounted on pedastals.

2. M&Kfan

M&Kfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bump ...

does no one out there use M&K ST stands???

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Too pricey! LOL. Don't use any stands myself but I thought the M&K ones were designed so you could use custom tube lengths??

4. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    M&K Fan - I use the Tilt ST stands and did wonder if i needed the 25" ones but once i installed the 17" stands the Height is perfect as you then angle the Speakers slightly tilted upwards, i think the 25" would be too tall, yes they are expensive but definitly worth investing in. :thumbsup:

If you require taller ones then Gecko will cut them to you're requested height and then send them to you but the 17" ones are about right.

EDIT : Sorry just realised you are in Australia so you would need to talk to the M&K supplier in you're Country and ask them to cut the Stands to you're requested height.

5. M&Kfan

M&Kfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks recruit. :smashin: I will give the 17.5" stands a try. If it doesn't work out, I'll probably just go down to the local plumbing supply place and get custom length threaded pipe cut to my preferred height.

6. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent, but try and get some of the covering to hide the pipe or else it will be showing :thumbsup: