1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m&k Speakers or plasma

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Stanleh, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Stanleh

Stanleh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi i am very tempted to get a 7.1 system consisting of 3 m&k lcr 850, a pair of k4 rears and maybe a pair of surround 25 or 55's.
    My current setup is a pair of mission 783, a 78c, and a pair of 78ds.
    My other choise is too change my tosh picture frame 2 tv, for a yamaha pd4210 plasma.
    What would you guys recomend, and anyone here with those speakers that can give me there opions of them?
    Thanks allot
    Ryan

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    You can't ask questions like that as there is no right and wrong answer. I have an excellent sound system and a 32" TV and if I had to do it all again I would still get the sound I liked first of all then plasma or projector afterwards. Others will have different but equally valid opinions and will prefer a large picture and poorer sound.

The M&K sound is one that people either love or hate as it is fairly bright and clinical sounding. Personally I love it which is why I have M&K speakers including the K4 rears.

Have a look for posts by Gonzo and Recruit as they both have the 850 speakers

3. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Stanleh,

I own the 851's and would highly recommend them but Ian is right in sayeing that they are not for everyones tastes, they are very precise speakers and the imageing is outstanding.
    I think you should get a demo and decide for yourself.

John :)