1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M & K S55 tripole surrounds...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Family Guy, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, barring a totla disaster, I've pretty much secured mysel a set of LCR 55's in the classifieds section. I'm gonna need a set of surrounds to go with them - ideally, the S55 tripole's.
    Anybody know the best place to source them in the UK? There is actually a set for sale in the classifieds but it's gonna take me a couple of months to save up for them and the guy will probably want to get rid sharpish...

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I use M&K professional speakers at the front but have a pair of K4 tripole surrounds at the rear and they aren't a bad match at all.

3. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    7oaks do the K4 series IIRC...? Plus, I once got 2 top people of Gecko in for the mens final at Wimbledon...maybe time to call in a favour...

4. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,969
    7oaks also do the s55 tripole which i have used and thought were brilliant speakers, new prices are about £795 a pair.

5. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you heard the S-55's in my set up, although very briefy so it is unfair to really comment about them. They are superb rear speakers that wrap the listener very well, even in small rooms
    fred