M&K S150 stands

Postie67

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know where to purchase the front three stands for the M&K's S150?

Thanks in advance, Postie.

I looked into that a few months ago. The Genuine M&K stands are about £450. The dealer said he had never sold any but could get them to order.

Thanks Chips
So the question is, What stands do owners of M&K S150's use?

Postie

I ended up using wall brackets for the L&R made by a company called AVF and an Atacama stand for the centre.

AVF? Have they got a website or phone number Chips, thanks Postie.

Just found their website

Which Bracket

Wall Mount 300 or 500 or 700?

Postie

The M&K stands are expensive but they are excellent quality and just the base weight is 52Ib. I suggest contacting Gecko and asking about B stock if you want them a bit cheaper.

Daz

Originally posted by Postie67
Just found their website

Which Bracket

Wall Mount 300 or 500 or 700?

Postie

I think mine are the 700s. They say that they're suitable for up to 45lbs, the S150s are less than that. The brackets are a bit marginal though and flex under the weight, but as luck would have it the angle is perfect for my setup. They're really cheap, about £26 per pair from B&Q.

I'm fairly happy with the brackets, but the Atacama Nexus stand for the centre is a bit wobbly and I intend to replace it at some time with something a bit heavier.

found these to be a good match for my m&k

Atacama SL400 can get them for about £90

Attachments

• mps 2510.jpg
    mps 2510.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 615
That looks much better than the Nexus :).

Postie, if you send me a PM with your phone number, I'll talk you through the "mods" I did to the wall brackets to make them compatible with the M&Ks. If you decide to go down the Wall bracket/centre stand route I'll go halves with you on a pair of those Atacama SL series stands. Assuming that we both need the same height.

The stands look sturdier and the price looks ok. How do I determine the height of the stands required? Have Gecko got a web site as I hven't been able to find it yet!

Thanks for your time, Postie.

No website but just phoned Gecko, £395 each new or B stock £355 each (£1065 for three, nearly as much as speakers). Looks like the Atacama stands then.

Chips

Just looked at the specs for the three stand sizes + height of S150 and the SL400 seems ok but will check when I go home. Thanks Postie

Originally posted by Postie67
How do I determine the height of the stands required?

In my case, I need a 60cm centre stand as that is the perfect height for positioning under my screen. I've just checked the Atacama website and the tallest SL series is 40cm :(.

THXULTRA

Did you get the foam with the stands? The foam looks angled? Will any foam do?

Thanks Postie.

The foam is auralex Mopads , their used to isloate the speaker from the stand.You can get more info at www.auralex.com

I have seen the M&k's with those stands and the mopads. Probably an ideal mix given the ridiculous cost of the M&K equivalent.

Hi Thxultra

Did you buy them from the UK, which outlet?

Checked up a bit but only dealer listed in UK has their website being updated, did you get them from Audioagency.co.uk ?

Thanks Postie

Hi,

You will not get the best from the S-150 without the ST 1 stands,

I know that £395 is a lot of cash per stand, it took me four months
to get them but they make such a difference!!

Get one for you centre then save for the other two, your local dealer should be able to set them up with the laser guide, this is not to be underestimated as it is only way to get the best out of the speakers.

I hope this helps

If anyone was thinking of getting the atacama SL stands you should check www.beyondhifi.net as their selling them for £53 plus about £10 postage.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom