1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M&K S-150P THX On or Off?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by gwbailey, Feb 5, 2002.

1. gwbailey

gwbailey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, can anyone help,

As the M&K S-150P THX's are active speakers are they ment to be left switched on all the time like you do with active Subs...or would you switch them off after every use?

Also, I believe M&K are working on an Active version of thier SS-150 surrounds, has anyone heard anything about this?

2. pc

pc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The S150P is perfectly safe to leave on.Also,amplifiers all take a time to stabilize when turned on (don't we all!!) so from a pure performance point of view they're better left on also.

To the best of my knowledge, the active tripole that will be coming soon are at least the same size as the S150p's!!
    Not ideal for the average installation eh?! They are going to be aimed at the pro market, though I'm sure they'll find there way into a few high end domestic situation.......

There is a slightly more practical tripole in the form of the SS250 which is effectivelly an improved SS150. Bigger cabinet, better drive units, higher output, dynamics etc. These are likely only to be available in the very best stores as they won't be cheap....but they will be rather good!

3. pc

pc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doh! The SS250's are passive, forgot to mention it. Sorry.

4. gwbailey

gwbailey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well that's cleared that up then!

Cheers Paul,

Have you got a set of M&K's (S-150P,SS150,350 THX,etc,etc) if so what do you think of them?

5. Stewart C

Stewart C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You lucky sod !!

An M&K fan

Regards

6. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    gwbailey,

I suspect that paul has quite a lot of M & K speakers as he works for their distributors.

7. pc

pc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now that the manufacturers forum is up and running, I will be able to answer all (hopefully) question within there.

That was all I was doing here Ian. See you there