M&K MP950 LCR Vs Dali Rubicon On wall LCR

benzi

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all,

Is anyone using the Dali Rubicon On Wall LCR?

I've got the M&K Sound MP950 in black satin but like the walnut veneer available with the Dali.

I've got some Oberon on walls which sound great but wondering whether the Rubicon would be an upgrade or more like a sideways step compared to the M&Ks.

Has anyone tried the Dali Rubicons on walls Vs M&Ks? Rubicon measures a bit wider and deeper in dimensions.

I'm using with Yamaha RXA3070 and Lyngdorf TDAi 3400...if that makes any difference..

Thanks in advance.

Benzi

Last edited:
They will sound different with the M&K's having more midrange for sure. But as surrounds, it all depends upon how much is being sent and whether the Yamaha delivers everything they speakers can deliver to and then you've to think about your own ears (is the Lyngdorf driving any of the M&K's?)

It will be a tough one to answer as it seems you like the sound of the Dali's you own and you may feel inclined with the Rubicons as rears to with sound being so suggestive. I'd still say that if you could squeeze every last ounce of detail out, the the M&K's should have the Dali's

I had the opticon on wall. They was excellent for music and movies. I often toyed with rubicon as front three with opticon as rears but never did. The tweeter on the Dali is excellent. Paired with alteco as atmos it was an excellent set up, which, even now with the arendals I have ! I sometimes miss. Dont discount the Dali

@ShanePJ I've got MP950 as LCR, M40T and K7 as rears in 7.1. Lyngdorf is driving L/R. I'm happy with sound/setup. But we are about to start redecorating and was thinking about moving to wood finish...rather than big black boxes on the walls - not an issue for me 😃. I've love to go discrete with in walls but it's an old Victorian house and wife's not going to allow a false wall etc... I like the Oberon on walls - different to MKs...but I do like them, which is why I started looking at the Dali for wooden finish.

@Topmetom 2 😊 "sometimes miss"... I bet the Arendals sound amazing! I've read good things about the Dali tweeter on Rubicon and was wondering whether it would improve my music output with Lyngdorf compared to the M&K tweeter.

Have reviewed the dimensions of the Dali.... don't think I'd get wife approval for on wall... Definitely bulkier than the M&Ks. I'm going to try demo some. Thanks for the responses!

If you are using the Lyngdorf and M&K's plus you have a woofer connected to the Lyngdorf for stereo, then you will struggle to hear more musical detail than what is being delivered by this combo as these products together are quite hard to better. As I've mentioned, you will loose a little mid-range moving to the Dali's, but I completely agree with you auditioning as what one person hears maybe more in tune with another speaker brand and no one is saying that is wrong as what we perceive when listening to music is very suggestive and not all about specs or speaker ability

Other Shane was quite impressed with the Dalis sound.. They look lovely! Of course the full size Vokal and Towers would bring even more performance. I think Rubicon is next on the line to see upgrade in hopefully near future! @Topmetom 2 drooling these? 🤤🤭

They do look the business..that tweeter! I had contemplated the s280 then i saw a photo on here of an install, wow theyre big!

funny how he didn’t use subs, even though they are rated down to only 59…

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom