1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M&K Column surrounds in a 7.1 setup

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by PhilCTTE, Aug 18, 2003.

1. PhilCTTE

PhilCTTE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Ok .. so after being persuaded to go 7.1, I'm now on the search for new surrounds. Went to the M&K site and looked at these new column tripole surrounds.

Has anyone heard these ?????

Looks like a nice solution along with the 150 column surrounds (non tripole) either side of the sofa. I think for enjoying a movie in 7.1, I might be tempted to pull the sofa away from the back wall and have the 150's to the side maybe slightly forward to the listening position and the tripoles 1 ft behind. I'll be situated across a 12 * 17ft room somewhere in the middle against the back wall.

Any comments ??? I think these are both about 1K per pair.

2. Anodyne

Anodyne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    I have a set of CS29s that I use either side of my sofa and they work brilliantly. One of my local Hi-Fi dealers is so impressed with them that he is thinking of replacing his SS150's with them and using an additional pair behind his sofa for 7.1.

Will

3. PhilCTTE

PhilCTTE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Thanks for the quick reply Will,

Just wondered about whether 2 sets of tripole cc-20 etc or one set of tripole's behind and perhaps the ss150 columns to the side ... problem is my budget is spiralling out of control !!!! I'll try and find someone who has these to have a listen (always fatal I know) ... Where is your local supplier ??? (midlands based)

4. Anodyne

Anodyne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    If I was going for another set I'd stick with the upward firing configuration. They're really flexible in the positioning and produce a really impressive sound-stage. The hard part is deciding which height to go for, I settled for 29" in the end which brought the drivers level with the top of my sofa. One thing that's suprising about them is how successful they are with multi-channel music.

Will