1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M&K column surround query

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by robfitzp, Dec 25, 2004.

1. robfitzp

robfitzp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Thinking about getting these to replace mission DS bipoles.

Any problems using 4 of them for L/R surround and L/R rear?

Are they fussy about placement for L/R surround, i.e. do they need to be parallel to the listening position or can they be slightly forward / behind it?

Any noticable difference in performance of CS22, 29 or 35?

Will be using with Nautilus 804/HTM1 and Pioneer AX10. Input from anyone using these gratefully received.

Cheers
    Rob

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Rob & Merry Xmas,

I have been useing the M&K Column surrounds for sometime now and they are the best surround speakers i have heard.... :)
    Mine are placed at the sides of the seating pos and work superbly in 5.1 format and sometimes i listen in 7.1 with 2 K15's behind me, IMO if you were to use 2 more for the rears i don't see that as a problem and would probably work very well as they are so easy to install and give a great dispersion of sound that is hard to locate the source.
    They are expensive speakers but worth every penny and even if i upgrade my fronts i will always hang on to the Columns.
    BTW mine are the C29's and use the same drive units as the other 2, i dont think that there is any difference between the 3 as they all use the same drive units apart from there height.

Thoroughly Recommend them :smashin:

John

3. robfitzp

robfitzp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi John

Thanks for your reply and Merry Christmas to you too (and to all forum members...)

Good to hear such a glowing endorsement - if they are not going to result in upgradeitis then they are worth the cost :thumbsup:

My wife particularly likes the idea of speakers being hidden behind the sofa...

Did you get yours in the UK or import like Rags?

Cheers
    Rob

4. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes i bought mine here in the UK but got a nice Discount so it was worthwhile :) I know Rags imports his which can save a hell of alot of money and can definitly be wothwhile checking out especially if you are looking to get 2 pairs.
    Also Rags runs his with the Nautilus Range of speakers at the front which is exactly the same as what you have 804's & HTM1 and the M&K's Columns work seamlessly with them.

John

5. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    M&K gear is worth importing due to the favourable exchange rate atm (1.9 is frankly ridiculous). Haggling in the UK may bring the price diff down to a more reasonable level.

6. robfitzp

robfitzp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks both.

Got to go and finish Xmas lunch - if I spend any more time on here today the season of goodwill will end prematurely... :)

Merry Christmas to all.

Cheers
    Rob