1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M&K Advice

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by orangemirrors, Jan 29, 2002.

1. orangemirrors

orangemirrors

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm after some advice on who sells this range ( i'm in manchester) and how they stand up. i was looking at getting B&W but i have noticed after reading posts in here that they seem to be the thing to get , i have a room of 6m x 3m and i dont have room for floorstanders this is why i noticed about M&K they seem more expensive but a touch smaller. also im really interested in tripoles this sounds like something i should have i will be running them off a yam ax1.
    any advice or comments greatly appreciated

many thanks

2. jspone

jspone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's a branch of sevenoaks in Manchester. I was in there last week, they have a range of M&K speakers.

Personally, I have B&W main and centre and a M&K subwoofer. Although my B&Ws are floorstanding, they do produce a number of smaller speakers.

The thing to do is audition them. Sevenoaks also sell B&W so you can compare.

John

3. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,513
    Orangemirrors,

I have a M&K set up , comprising 3 x K7's across the front , 2 x K4's at the sides , 1 x K9 sub. I had them demo'd at Sevenoaks Manchester ( on the High street ) and also at Sevenoaks Liverpool . Their demo rooms are very different which is why i tried both.
    They are driven by a Denon 3802 and sound superb.
    My room measures 6m x 5m and they fill this space no problem, however the little K9 sub does struggle to push the air round a room this size, and it doesn,t go as low as some, albeit a very fast and well timed sub. I am now thinking of changing it, very seriously. I would only suggest you take an audition with some of your own material.

Kev