1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M:I-2 Sounds a bit flat?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Bada Bing, Nov 1, 2000.

1. Bada Bing

Bada Bing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I stuck MI2 on last night and couldn't help feeling it sounded a bit lean on high frequency stuff. Clarity was generally good, but I felt it focused too much on low-mid range in the last quarter of the film.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with the disc, just that it could have been better.
    Did anyone else notice this?
    Maybe I'm just used to all my ultra clear DTS discs and have become a bit of a snob.

Oh, by the way, WHERE IS THE LIMP BIZKIT VIDEO? I was looking forward to it in DD 5.1!

------------------
    "Run! Go! Get to the Choppa!"

My HC Website - Under Construction

2. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Yeah I have to agree I thought some of the action scenes were a little dissapointing, there just wasn't enough kick to the explosions and overall the LFE was slightly dissapointing.

I am also too used to spectacular sounding films in DTS of late - I think we've been spoilt recently and are maybe expecting too much too often?? Nah...

------------------
    Tee

http://www.electronicreality.co.uk

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys, I was going to show off the format to a group of work colleagues at the weekend but after watching it I may not. a little more post production on the sound wouldn't have gone amiss. The only decent bit of sound seperation that caught my ear! was the dove flying out of the doorway that Ethan was hiding in. And DTS........well we'll have to wait for Gladiator for the ultimate sound!

Heres hoping...
    Dan www.danwright.atfreeweb.com

4. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,495
    like I said in my "worth it for last 30 mins" post, i thought that the sound was not that bad

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know what everyone is talking about. I watched the R1 DVD for the first time last night and thought that it sounded fantastic.
    I heard some of the most powerful deep bass I have heard from a disc in quite a while. The content coming from the rear channels was absolutely excellent, lots of it and well placed. And finally, the picture was just fine. No grain or lack of colour. The extra features were plentyful and interesting as well as funny. Shame about the Metallica video clip though.
    I was generally very impressed by the disc on a whole. Definitely in my top 10 discs.
    Neil [​IMG]

------------------
    That's pretty lame Milhouse
    http://members.tripod.co.uk/Neildo/index.html

[This message has been edited by Neildo (edited 16-11-2000).]

6. Bada Bing

Bada Bing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5