m-form TV Bracket

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by guest, Dec 7, 2011.

1. guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    I bought a m-form tilting TV Bracket for my 47" LD950 and thought it would be worth paying the extra for (did not want the TV to fall off the wall :))

Plus I had seen a representative of the company replying to posts recommending it over the cheaper TV brackets...... (one of the reasons I use RicherSounds)

http://www.m-formonline.com/lcd-plasma-led-wall-mounts/32-to-52-tilting-universal-lcd/plasma-bracket

I also bought a cheaper one from amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Designer-Ha...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1323257067&sr=1-2

I put the cheap amazon one up first which was for a 32" TV which went on without any issues. Easy to adjust etc. felt nice and secure... Metal felt a little on the thin side but the TV felt fixed to the wall... whole job done in about 30 mins or so.

Came to install the mform bracket and the metal was much more substantial and the whole bracket was much heaver.... is was rated for a bigger TV though.

Again fitting the bracket was easy and once on the wall nothing was going to remove it... (It did not come with any wall mounts unlike the cheap amazon one, so I had to buy my own)

Brackets went onto the TV and the whole thing was put on the wall... I then immediately noticed that one corner was lower than the other by about 1.5" (quite a lot).. OK so I must have done something silly... TV back off the wall...

Spirt level on bracket on wall --- All straight... hummm

checked the holes on the brackets that fix to the tv... all the same on both sides...not miss counted :)

take the Brackets off the TV and put the original bolts back in and check the holes are level on the TV... which they are....

Put the brackets back on the TV ... check with level... way out.

Undo one side and there was enough movement to push down and tighten and undo on the other side and lift up and tighten... put level back on... still out but better... Undo and move holes ... same thing. aaahh

OK put back to original holes get as straight as I can and put on wall.... Its still down on one side .... not a huge amount but just enough to annoy me... OK take whole TV off the wall take off bracket from TV put TV back on stand and back onto TV table.

I have phoned mform today to see about getting a refund but not quite sure where I stand as they have pointed out it is a generic TV bracket. It seems to me a design flaw and cost cutting have made this TV Bracket an expensive mistake for me... I phoned before buying and was assured that this would fit the LG LD950 without problems and to some extent it does, just not to my satisfaction (or straight). The plastic washers used are not very accurate for the bolts supplied and cause a level of movement when being tightened to the TV.

My other complaint about this TV bracket was the way you lock the tilt. A small allen key which is just about impossible to adjust once the TV is on the wall so I would have to go out and buy a long version....

They have asked for me to post the whole thing back and I might get a partial refund as I have used it...depending on the condition. :( (god knows how much that will cost)

I think I am left with the feeling that the cheap one from amazon was a better buy and now tempted to get a bigger version, which at time of writing is £8.99 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Designer-Ha...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1323257067&sr=1-1

OK so the metal is thinner but it is most likely to cost more than this to send the mform one back.

The cheap amazon one is easy to use the thumb screws make life simple (just don't wind them to far) it went on straight and had no movement on the TV brackets and was very easy to fit.

feeling very disappointed with mform and was hoping for better. Especially as they have a representative on here promoting there products....You don't always get what you pay for.... :mad:

2. Member252055

Member252055

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Hi

Apologies you've had issues with one of our brackets.

I can't understand why the TV wouldn't be level. The only thing I can think is that if you don't use the stepped washers in the kit then the M6 bolts would have room to move within the 12mm holes in the arms. If you use the stepped washers then these hold the bolts central to the larger holes.

Once we receive your bracket back, if we find a fault which is causing the level issue then you will be refunded in full, including your return postage.

If there is no fault with the bracket then the fault is in the installation but as a gesture of good-will we will look to reach an agreement with you.

As far as the tilt mechanism is concerned, this is just the way we do it. You can lock the tilt tighter with an allen key and there's no guarantee you'll get your hands in to tighten a handwheel any better.

As far as getting what you pay for, yes, there are much cheaper brackets on the market which appear to do the same thing. Our products get mostly very positive feedback as does our customer sevice. Unfortuantely sometimes things do go wrong though...

Thanks for the feedback and we'll get you sorted either way once we've had a look at the bracket.

Regards
    Graham

3. guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Hi Graham

Thanks for the response.

I used the correct parts according to the very basic instructions and on first inspection everything appeared correct... the slight play on each bracket just allowed enough movement to cause the TV to be at an angle. It could just be that the bits I received are out enough and this is not the norm with this bracket.

I was/am feeling annoyed with the waste of time and money.

I will send the system back to you and wait for your response... Compared to the cheaper system, i agree there is a difference, in quality of materials, but not what I would now consider the big price difference and the problems that I faced. I think the bit that pushed me over the edge was the phone call... not what I expected considering it was your recommendation that persuaded me that it was better than the cheaper bracket. I have now bought the cheaper system, rated for the TV size I have and I will re-drill the wall and install the TV again...

4. Member252055

Member252055

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Hi

I'm not sure what was wrong with the phone call. Our guy tried to go through the reasons why the bracket didn't work properly and also suggested sending you different fixings if you thought this would help. We manufacture everything ourselves so usually if there's an issue with a bracket then we can sort it out directly. This is a our guarantee to all our customers and one which has been used on many occasions with universal brackets which don't always fit 100% of TVs straight out of the box.

As I say, if it turns out there's an issue with the bracket then I'll happily refund or replace.

Regards
    Graham