M.E.N. Arena parking...

Kieron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey all.

Anybody know the current situation with parking at the M.E.N. ? Is it easy to park there?

Off to see Rick Astley tomorrow :thumbsup::rotfl:

Hey all.

Anybody know the current situation with parking at the M.E.N. ? Is it easy to park there?

Yes, its got its own multi storey car park and there is also metered parking and car parks nearby.

Hey all.

:eek: Why are you off to see Rick Astley? :confused: That's extremely worrying.

I just hope you havn't got an estate or 4 x 4. Its pretty tight in there and a bloomin ripoff too.

Hey all.

Never gonna give you up ....

the MEN arena does have its own multi storey but it can take ages to get out after the show .... mind you, will Rick Astley sell out the Arena? The best solution is to either park nearby on a meter or if you do go for the multi storey leave right on full time, leg it and you should be OK getting out.

The pay machines also get rammed afterwards so if you can beat the crowd to the machines then you should be fine.

Hey all.

Depending where you're coming into town from it might be easier to park at a metrolink station and get the tram to victoria ( the m.e.n is attached to it )

Hey all.

Don't use the arena car park - as already mentioned it's expensive and takes ages to get out of.

There are a number of car parks in the vicinity offering 'arena parking' on the evening. Usually for about £5.

Depending where you're coming into town from it might be easier to park at a metrolink station and get the tram to victoria ( the m.e.n is attached to it )

Which metrolink station would you recommend just so I can throw it in the tomtom etc...

Which metrolink station would you recommend just so I can throw it in the tomtom etc...

I would say one quite near to the M60 / M61 junction you will be heading down ... and then a 10 minute ride into town ..... Besses o'th' Barnes? Sounds a daft name but would be ideal.

Printworks car park, or normally when someone is on at th arena some business open there car parks or anyone with open land turns theres into car park, normally £5 all within walking distance !

Or if you need to Kerion park at mine on my drive way, my house is a 15 second walkaway from derker train station which is 15 - 20 mins away and a straight route to victoria train station which is under the arena.
Taken from wikipedia
Derker railway station is a railway station in Derker, northern Oldham in Greater Manchester, England. It is on the Oldham Loop Line, 13 km (8 miles) north east of Manchester Victoria and is managed by Northern Rail.

It was opened, initially on an experimental basis, on 30 August 1985[1] to replace Royton Junction station, ½ mile further along the line.

Last train from victoria is 23.21pm gets you at derker station at 23.44pm

Ended up getting there early so parked in the multi story - got out quickly. Thanks for all the help.

PS - It was the "Here and Now" tour that we saw. Everyone was brilliant apart from Bananarama who were just two middle aged women screaming down the mics "karaoke" style!

Rick Astley was brilliant. Took the mick out of himself all through his set. Voice was superb too. :clap:

Ended up getting there early so parked in the multi story - got out quickly. Thanks for all the help.

PS - It was the "Here and Now" tour that we saw. Everyone was brilliant apart from Bananarama who were just two middle aged women screaming down the mics "karaoke" style!

Rick Astley was brilliant. Took the mick out of himself all through his set. Voice was superb too. :clap:

I could have got half price tickets for you and half price parking ;)

Glad you enjoyed yourself :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom