Question M cube sub problems

Deran

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi people hope someone can help as it's driving crasy, ok I've just moved home and have been resetting up the system (fairly old but worked perfectly fine) I'm currently running Onkyo 875 Av ,mission m cube system and B&W 601 as my fronts , so I've set every thing up as normal and I'm getting hardly anything from the sub???? Seems like the sub has gone into limp mode??? The frames are now taking all the bass (yet I've not changed the amp settings at all) , is it the sub ? Or the amp ? If anyone out there has an answer for me I would be truly greatful.

For starters make sure the speakers are set to small in the setup menu so all the LFE (low frequency effects) are going to the sub.

Have you run the eq (equalisation) in the setup menu where you connect the supplied mic and run a series of 6-8 sweeps with the mic placed in various positions around the MLP (main listening position).

Have you read the manual that tells you how to do this or are you familiar with the setup having done it before.

I take it you have plugged the sub lead in the correct phono socket on the 875?

You say the "frames" are taking all the bass, what are the frames is this a typo.
It is possible the sub is faulty but it's more likely a setup issue since you last had it working.

Yes that was a typo , I've set it up useing the audessy mic , and set tge fronts to normal (as in size) , the coax for the sub is in the correct port, when I run the test signal through it the sub works fine??? I must be missing something ! Unless there's a fault with the sub ???

You say the fronts are set to normal, the usual setting is large or small, if you are using a sub they should be set to small if that setting is available.

After you have run eq look in the trim settings and see what values you are getting. The sub has a range from +12db to -12db and ideally it should be close to 0db and not + or - a large number. Ideally around -2 to -5db. Also what volume (gain) is the subwoofers set at normally it should be around half to 2/3rds max.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom