1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m-cube price drop?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by whistlingDogg, Mar 23, 2005.

1. whistlingDogg

whistlingDogg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've just heard from a shop that mission are revising the price on the m-cubes. Has anyone else heard this? Another guy's trying to sel me the kef KHT5005 system as he says it'll blow the mission's away. I don't suppose anyone has demoed the two?

2. johnrevill

johnrevill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hmm - I hope so but could the guy have been referring to the issue that for £1k you were getting the speakers & stands where as now the stands are a £200 extra?

(thats £200 for just two front stands)

3. Neil Fellows

Neil Fellows
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I don't know too much about the price drop, (i would doubt it at this stage, unless sales have been very poor, and I also doubt that...) but i have had a chance to demo both the cubes and the keff eggs however, and the Keff's blew them away. HOWEVER - this was through a Denon 3805, and i've since spoken to another forum member who disliked the sound through this amp, but when changed to a Pioneer the Cubes were transformed (much better). I'm not sure how they would sound up against the 5005 system, but it may be worth a demo with a Pio if you can. Hope this is some help!

4. whistlingDogg

whistlingDogg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i think you're right. 999 for 5 speakers and 4 brackets (why not 5?) and 1200 5 speakers, 2 stands