1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M-Audio Revo vs Showshifter, only CD audio

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by reddom, Jul 26, 2003.

1. reddom

Jun 2, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Yesterday I started building my htpc in ernest, but being the slightly impatiant soul that I am, I installed several things at once and am now regretting it.
    The PC has an M-Audio revo sound card, and it was definately working correctly a while ago. I have since installed xp sp1, showshifter, and reinstalled winamp+asio plugin.
    Right now the only sound that ever reaches the m-audio card is when I play a cd directly. If I play something off the hard drive (mp3 or wav) then winamp will show the graphic equaliser graphs, but i will hear no sound and the m-audio speaker output graph will look flat.
    I think it has something to do with showshifter, as if i go into the window that lets you change audio settings, the sound starts, even if i don't change anything, as soon as i close that window the sound stops again. I have since uninstalled showshifter and reinstalled the sound card & winamp, but all to no avail.